Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Ring, Heer, Original?

Article about: Hi Guys, it has been a while since i had something to post here, I just recently picked up a nice Heer ring, that i want to present here, because i could not find a another ring like this fo

?

Default Ring, Heer, Original?

Hi Guys,
    it has been a while since i had something to post here,
    I just recently picked up a nice Heer ring, that i want to present here, because i could not find a another ring like this for comparison, to verify it`s authenticity.

The ring seems to be made from brass. I have seen that pattern of ring sold by Degner Germany in a ad from world war II, but the one in the ad had oak leaves on the sides.
    I think it is time to put some light on this one... much thanx

Ring, Heer, Original?
    Last edited by Gerry; 10-05-2019 at 03:05 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ring, Heer, Original?
    P
    Many

?

since their is no response, erase my thread please! Thank you

Hello Gerry it's rather difficult to give an opinion based off of a single photo. However I will say I'm not a fan of the style of the eagle itself. It more loosely resembles the Adler pattern (elongated neck albiet opposite direction, with static swastika) seen on AH tableware than that of a heer design. Not suggesting the ring has any association to AH. Just an observation. With more pictures perhaps there will be other opinions? As it stands I'm on the fence, based off the eagle motif itself. Kindest regards.

Brian

Ring, Heer, Original?
    Last edited by bsiwula1; 10-09-2019 at 12:42 AM.

Here is s very similar example that sold on eBay for $50. It originated from Poland. Not a good sign I'm afraid. Best regards.

Brian

Ring, Heer, Original?Ring, Heer, Original?Ring, Heer, Original?Ring, Heer, Original?

Here are comparative images of each eagle. The eBay ring has been photoshopped to remove the swastika for obvious reasons.

Ring, Heer, Original?Ring, Heer, Original?
    Last edited by bsiwula1; 10-09-2019 at 01:43 AM.

?

well the quality of that ring compared to mine seems very poor... so may not a good ring to compare... and of course almost every ring from wwII, finds interest in the east to be copied lol. The ring has a good quality and it seems to be well made, but i agree with the eagle looking a little suspicious, because feather details etc.. are gone and the head is kind of weird too. But could also be just signs of wear. The eagle´s head facing this way seems to be right, if you go by an ad original from wwII with a similar ring.
    Ring, Heer, Original?

In the meanwhile after doing more research i believe this is could be a copy of a ring, that was maybe from wwII or a "good" copy of a fantasy ring. This guy from Russia seems to sell those rings as a copy of an original item...true? I don´t know, that ´s why i started this thread.
    Ring, Heer, Original?

hm...
    I guess we have to wait until someone comes up with the original type of ring, or has more information so we can be sure, if this type of ring did exist at all...

Hi folks,
    In my opinion, this ring is a dud. The quality is far below any real Third Reich ring that I ever saw. I am not familiar with this pattern either, albeit that doesn‘t necessarily make it a fake. At best it's a postwar, poor-quality reproduction. Sorry but I wouldn't want this one in my collection.
    Cheers,
    Stephen