Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ring with SS Runes: Real or Fake?

Article about: Dear forum members, I would like to ask your expert opinions of this ring is real or a fake? It was donated to the museum where I volunteer. Please help if you can. Thank you so much! Sincer

Default Ring with SS Runes: Real or Fake?

Dear forum members,

I would like to ask your expert opinions of this ring is real or a fake? It was donated to the museum where I volunteer. Please help if you can.

Thank you so much!

Sincerely,Ring with SS Runes: Real or Fake?Ring with SS Runes: Real or Fake?Ring with SS Runes: Real or Fake?Ring with SS Runes: Real or Fake?Ring with SS Runes: Real or Fake?

Frank

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ring with SS Runes: Real or Fake?
    P
    Many

Hoping our friend Odal will add his expertise, as he's much more knowledgeable concerning rings...But if I came across this ring I'd be tempted to buy it... I like the overall appearance, the hollow reverse w/patina, and the workmanship...can't comment on the markings...
    Glenn

Thank you for your reply Glenn! I will wait for Odal to repsond! Thanks!

I very much like this ring. I would have no problem with it in my collection. It is well made-in proportion and attractively designed. I can see no trouble with it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I like it, but for me a few things need clearing up..

Can we see clearer shots of those hallmarks?..

I don't like that the rear of the band is thick, nor that it appears to of had the ring shank soldered to either side of the face.. It is possible that this has been repaired or even altered from another form of jewellery..

Clearer photos of the hallmarks would be helpful.

I think, what it is, is an SS symbol of some sort that has been re-purposed by someone-and fairly well done at that-into a silver finger ring. It looks to have decent age to it, so it is quite likely period done.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

On the first view a nice looking ring.
    One of the hallmarks looks to me like the french boarhead - hallmark for small silver items - the other, a clear pic would maybe help.

Although nice loooking this ring has for me at least 2 points that were not usual this times
    The proud standing runes and the thick band on the oposite of the plate.
    How are this runes afixed?
    Without good provenance/sure origin no ring i want to have in collection.
    Otherwise it is for me no well known fake.

An attractive ring for sure but I think at best a one-off private purchase piece and at worst a well made fantasy piece. Either way, I like it!

Thank you Odal I will make more pictures for you to be sure. I just need to know if it is authentic and if we can put it up for display in the musiem. Thanks for your help so far!

Thanks svenga I will make these pictures

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast