Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Skull Ring Again

Article about: Hey guys, here is another one for review. It is silver, marked 830 and looks ok to me even from these tiny pics. What do you say?

Default Skull Ring Again

Hey guys, here is another one for review. It is silver, marked 830 and looks ok to me even from these tiny pics. What do you say?
    Attached Images Attached Images Skull Ring Again  Skull Ring Again  Skull Ring Again 
    Last edited by don_kihotis7; 07-29-2013 at 10:23 AM.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Skull Ring Again
    P
    Many

Default Re: Skull Ring Again

Looks o.k. to me, but it'd have to be very cheap in that state for me bud...
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Yeah it's a pity that it is broken
    Thanks for your input Ned

?

Well known period pattern.
    This one looks on this pics good to me.

Hallo Freund.
    Thanks for your reply too

It's a good one. It appears to be a ground dug. As for the break in the band, it may be one of those adjustable bands, rather than a straight break, otherwise, it must have been owned by a Huge fingered man! In any case, I remember many years ago things being debated on this and the consensus then was it was considered okey to repair a break in the band. All that mattered was the Table of the ring and any markings and engravings. This ring, in my opinion, would be a fine candidate to repair and polish back to it's original state, since it is already in sorry condition to begin with. Certainly, it's original owner would be appalled to see it as it stands now! How much are they asking for it?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

As for the break in the band, it may be one of those adjustable bands, rather than a straight break...

I agree, the ends appear rounded off, and it looks as though some solder may have held it at sometime, close to the hallmark, as there looks to possibly be some heat discolouration there.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    It's a good one. It appears to be a ground dug. As for the break in the band, it may be one of those adjustable bands, rather than a straight break, otherwise, it must have been owned by a Huge fingered man! In any case, I remember many years ago things being debated on this and the consensus then was it was considered okey to repair a break in the band. All that mattered was the Table of the ring and any markings and engravings. This ring, in my opinion, would be a fine candidate to repair and polish back to it's original state, since it is already in sorry condition to begin with. Certainly, it's original owner would be appalled to see it as it stands now! How much are they asking for it?
    Hi guys, thanks for your replies.
    It is offered for an auction so i have no idea what the ending price will be. Usually i see these rings sell for 150-170 euros but in much better condition.

I have also found another one but i am waiting for better pictures before i start another thread.

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    I have also found another one but i am waiting for better pictures before i start another thread.
    wait for the photos (τι θα γινει ομως μεγαλε?ολο δαχτυλιδια θα βρισκεις?? )

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast