Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

So-called "Futhark" runes ring

Article about: The ring provides a website ratisbon "https://www.ratisbons.com/22nd-Contemporary-History-Auction/Futhark-runic-ring.html", gently claims that the ring is not known and it is not t

Default So-called "Futhark" runes ring

The ring provides a website ratisbon "https://www.ratisbons.com/22nd-Contemporary-History-Auction/Futhark-runic-ring.html", gently claims that the ring is not known and it is not the times of war, but after the war. Here is the description from the site "Guarantee
    So-called "Futhark" runes ring. Unreadable silver marked. Diameter inside: 19.87mm. Unknown manufacturing time, however most probably postwar."
    What opinions?So-called "Futhark" runes ringSo-called "Futhark" runes ring

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement So-called "Futhark" runes ring
    P
    Many

I'd say nothing to do with the third reich!...

?

Futhark are the first letters in anceint scandinavian alpabeth.
    I agree with Gunny here, and i also place a vote for this being a "post45" creation.

I do not have any similar examples to compare with, but as we all have learned during our years of collecting there are many items that are one-of-a-kind, and therfor ends up under "It demands a leap of faith"

The questions you must ask yourself would be:

1: Can i live with the neverending nagging uncertainty in the back of my mind 24/7 "Is it original or not?!"

2: How can i justify passing it on sometime in the future, without tainting my own name as a honest collector of original militaria only?

I agree with the others.

But if you are a Viking like me, you can buy it and wear it.

CBH
    ?

Bling, but not TR bling, they even say they don't know when it was made,but most likely very recently.

PS, I'm glad it wasn't Ruined with fake SS stamps
    Last edited by CBH; 04-08-2018 at 02:55 PM.

As already stated not Third Reich item for sure, but it is a nice ring.

Best regards,
    Franko

Looks modern fantasy.