Article about: it is marked 925 for silver

it is marked 925 for silver

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-Ehrenring  ID?
    P
    Many

Quote by twism94 View Post
    it is marked 925 for silver
    That guarantees it as fake. No SS Ehrenring was ever stamped with it's silver content. Furthermore, there is documentary evidence in correspondence from Xavier Schwarz (NSDAP treasurer) to Oswald Pohl (SS treasurer) that a request had been made by the Ehrenrings manufacturer Otto Gahr for 15 kilo's of .900 silver (not .925) for production of " SS-Ehrenringen, SS-Degen-Beschlagen und SS-Zivilabzeichen" (SS Honour Rings, SS Sword Platings and SS Insignia) dated the 3rd of November 1939. That disproves the .925 theory.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Hello Ned
    think you'll find the name on this copy is Zischka not ZIlchka?? not sure how many are about but one sold in a UK auction '09:

"Germany, Third Reich, 1939 Clasp to the Iron Cross 1914 (2), reproduction 1st Class, unmarked, pin-backed; another, reproduction 2nd Class, unmarked, prong fitting, the two in fitted red leather case; Reichsleiter’s Armband, reproduction, 405 x 143mm., red velvet with gilt bullion oak leaves, gilt wire and central gilt metal ‘pip’, the inside with hooks for attachment to cotton loops; Totenkopf Ring, reproduction, 25mm. external diameter., silver, ornamented with ‘death’s head’, oak leaves and other Nazi emblems, inscribed on the inside, ‘S.lb. Zischka 21.6.42 H. Himmler’, good condition (4) £150-200"

Cheers
    Eric

Quote by Unterstand View Post
    Hello Ned
    think you'll find the name on this copy is Zischka not ZIlchka?? not sure how many are about but one sold in a UK auction '09:

"Germany, Third Reich, 1939 Clasp to the Iron Cross 1914 (2), reproduction 1st Class, unmarked, pin-backed; another, reproduction 2nd Class, unmarked, prong fitting, the two in fitted red leather case; Reichsleiter’s Armband, reproduction, 405 x 143mm., red velvet with gilt bullion oak leaves, gilt wire and central gilt metal ‘pip’, the inside with hooks for attachment to cotton loops; Totenkopf Ring, reproduction, 25mm. external diameter., silver, ornamented with ‘death’s head’, oak leaves and other Nazi emblems, inscribed on the inside, ‘S.lb. Zischka 21.6.42 H. Himmler’, good condition (4) £150-200"

Cheers
    Eric
    I'm sorry Eric, I fail to see what you're getting at? I have not mentioned the name on the ring, however it is spelt. All I have said is that it is a one look stinker, which it is. Whomsoever valued this at the unamed auction house as worth between £150-£200 is frankly deluded, it's utter junk.

Here is probably the best repro around at the moment, and Don Boyle has felt happy enough to endorse it as such, for whatever reasons he may have, which I personally find counter productive since he is the world expert on original rings and authenticates them, so why laud something that potentially could catch out the unwary for possibly thousands of dollars.....?

Panzer Meyer SS Honor Ring

It is available from a mere $225 (around £130 at todays rate) For anyone who wishes to own a 'museum copy' of the real thing. But even a brief inspection by by anyone versed in the nuances of the genuine item will give it away for what it is, a copy.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Sorry Ned
    The misspelled name was from the initial op,, Zischka 21.6.42 is on a warning list sent to me by the late J. Pepera. the auction house is DNW the fake lot sold for 160uk realised. I guess my point is if one sees any ring with this name be wary.

Regards
    Eric

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2