Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

SS Honour Ring for discussion - named to 'Hahn'.

Article about: eBay is NOT the place to go for this sort of thing. come on now. Latest developments: 1. CG got in touch with me after seeing my new photos and he now seems very interested. 2. There's a guy

Default Re: SS Honour Ring for sale in the classifieds.

Quote by big ned View Post
    indeed. I had one milked for breakfast only this morning.
    lmaooo

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Honour Ring for discussion - named to 'Hahn'.
    P
    Many

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Hmm.

The cynic in me is reading between the lines and translating as:

"I am interested and will offer you a very low price but still mange to bump it to a very high price when I list it for sale. I'm doing you a favour you know....."
    You're not kidding! Check this out, almost identical to our chaps ring, and a steal at 7 grand. He even manages to have a dig at D.B. in the description.

Totenkopf Ring, Lippach

Wished I'd seen this before wittering on inanely all afternoon!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Gottlieb does not have the best of reputations when profit comes to mind.

?

He even manages to have a dig at D.B. in the description.
    ME-OW! That's not passive aggressive or anything, haha. Is Craig's spoken/written German really that great? Interesting thread gentlemen, curious how this one turns out.

?

He even manages to have a dig at D.B. in the description.

Given the choice - I know whose word I would want behind a ring and it isn't the militaria playboy.

And Ned - don't worry about it, we're all kinda used to it by now.......

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Glad to see the interest and I appreciate all the input. Again, I apologize for the way I busted in... but very nice to meet you all.

?

Sooo Gottlieb cannot sell his overpriced items because of the "marked" has collapsed.. Maybe less people are willing to part with their hardearned cash for some overpriced old militaria.

I hope the owner/seller of this Honour ring finds out it is a good one. And i also hope he gets a fair price for it, and he can be happy with it. (And do not give it away to some shady dealer who smiles at you while he steal it from you)

Good Luck

?

Quote by mclenrd View Post
    Glad to see the interest and I appreciate all the input. Again, I apologize for the way I busted in... but very nice to meet you all.
    No worries, I hope you get a good outcome on the ring!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

For whatever nickels it's worth, there are several points that I do not like about this ring. The distorted legs of the swastika are probably one of the most brightest red flags, as well as the poor spidery font inscription-although, such a font Does seem to be a rarer variant type, I am not totally sure about This particular engraving. More importantly, as Adrian has already pointed out, the inside of the ring seems to have an inordinate amount of Scratching to it, and on several rings that have surfaced of late, this has also been a factor-although a factor that has never seemingly been addressed or explained. My personal feelings on these "beat up on the inside" rings is that the fakers look likely to have made a near perfect ring type now that even the experts do not seem to be able to catch and that, for whatever reasons were in their heads at the moment, they have deliberately "aged" the insides of the rings even though they had no need to and should not have. Until the last few years, I have seen even Very heavily worn and aged rings and They have never exhibited this inner scarring. It only makes sense-why on Earth would the Inside of a ring be scratched up and under What bizarre circumstances could such damage conceivably have occurred? Do any of Your personal rings you wear every day look like this on the inside-even if they are worn daily to work, etc? But, at any rate, it should be interesting to hear what Don Boyle has to say on this one. As for what Gottleib has to say....well... *cough cough*
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

You're not kidding! Check this out, almost identical to our chaps ring, and a steal at 7 grand. He even manages to have a dig at D.B. in the description.

Totenkopf Ring, Lippach

I heard through the "militaria grapevine" that D.B. and C.G. had a falling out and I guess it is true!

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast