Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

SS Honour Ring for discussion - named to 'Hahn'.

Article about: eBay is NOT the place to go for this sort of thing. come on now. Latest developments: 1. CG got in touch with me after seeing my new photos and he now seems very interested. 2. There's a guy

Default Re: SS Honour Ring for sale in the classifieds.

I hope to hear from DB as well.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Honour Ring for discussion - named to 'Hahn'.
    P
    Many

A bit late - and under interesting circumstances - but welcome to
    the Forum Mclenrd. I hope this all works out in your favour
    and it turns out to be a good ring.

Lol - I had seen a fairly decent copy advertised a few weeks
    ago for $99, and was hoping this was the same seller
    returning with a lower price of $35.........!
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 10-11-2012 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Spelling.........
    Regards,

Steve.

you'll hear from Don Boyle. and getting this thing papered is well worth the money, especially as you are looking to move it.

thanks for participating in an understanding way in the frank discussion of your ring and welcome to the forum mclenrd. it can come off a bit harsh when a member's pieces are discussed in this open fashion when they are up for sale especially, but in my estimation one of the many reasons this forum stands out among others is the vigilance afforded to the classifieds.

good discussion here. and hilarious in spots. my nomination for Thread of The Day.

I heard back from Don. He thinks it real but wants 290.00 bucks just to look at it (250 plus 40 for shipping)!!

Suppose it is real. I think it is, the experts seem to think so... what value would YOU put on it? (Don't have to answer, but if you do, please reply privately to my inbox)

Do you feel Gottlieb's "Lippach" ring is priced too high?

All Gottlieb's prices are too high IMO. Just look around his site for fairly common 3rd Reich items and see how inflated his prices are, 200%+ is not uncommon!

The price you originally asked for it is acceptable for one of that date, year and condition I reckon, but you may have to wait a while to move it on in the current financial situation that affects us all. If you need a quick sale you'll have to lower the price a bit more, but that's up to you.

As an example, Gottlieb has had up to 11 rings for sale at any one time in the last 12 months that I know of, he currently has 2. So tough times or not, burst bubbles and all, he's still shifting them, and at the extreme high end of prices at that, and that's a fact.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by mclenrd View Post
    I heard back from Don. He thinks it real but wants 290.00 bucks just to look at it (250 plus 40 for shipping)!!

Suppose it is real. I think it is, the experts seem to think so... what value would YOU put on it? (Don't have to answer, but if you do, please reply privately to my inbox)

Do you feel Gottlieb's "Lippach" ring is priced too high?
    Hard to disagree with Ned, Gottlieb charges way over the odds for all his items.

Your ring, if real will be alot easier to shift if it has Don Boyle's stamp of approval. Yes, it might cost $250 plus postage to obtain it but weigh that up against the value of the ring. I have no idea how much money you have in it but surely, if you want to sell it, it has to be worth it?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thank you Adrian. You make a good point and I agree with Ned too. I just won't be able to eat for a week while Don is looking at it. HAHA but you're right.

Trust us here,mclenrd.....290 bucks might be alot, but when you go to sell this ring, a Don Boyle certificate is worth every penny. Most collectors will not even Consider purchasing an honour ring without one-and I don't blame them at all. Don Boyle literally wrote the Book on honour rings. If He gives his nod of approval, it's a Huge boost in selling value when selling. Sure, you could Probably sell it Without one and all, but you'ld likely need to take an awful loss in price for it when you do.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

It's kinda like........
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Honour Ring for discussion - named to 'Hahn'. 
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

HAHAHA ^ thats pretty much how I felt after I got the ring. I trust you guys... i like the cynicism and humor and honestly here. Thanks!

So i wonder if this IS the "Hahn" the ring is named to. He was one evil bastard if this is him.... Hahn is a common surname though. I need an SS number.
    http://www1.yadvashem.org/odot_pdf/M...20-%206349.pdf

more info... it also indicated he WAS awarded the ring.
    Axis History Forum • View topic - SS-Staf Dr. Ludwig Hahn

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast