Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

SS Honour Ring for discussion - named to 'Hahn'.

Article about: eBay is NOT the place to go for this sort of thing. come on now. Latest developments: 1. CG got in touch with me after seeing my new photos and he now seems very interested. 2. There's a guy

Default Re: SS Honour Ring for sale in the classifieds.

Ross Kelbaugh is about the best SS researcher, but I'm sure that you already know that! Unfortunately, if you think that Don Boyle was pricey....well, let's just say that researching is going to be a "difficult". Good luck, in any case!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Honour Ring for discussion - named to 'Hahn'.
    P
    Many

Quote by mclenrd View Post
    HAHA! SteveR aaaaaaaanyway .

I saw that too but I don't think 'tank commanders' would have an honor ring. would they? its not like they just handed these rings out. I agree about the research having to be done. I am strapped for money. I've been underemployed for 2 years... so if this ring is the real deal... it will come in helpful. I'm not into SS stuff really anyway. (I'm all Heer)

I've contacted Robert at militariaresearch.com but no reply yet. I also contacted Ross at ssdaggers.com... still no reply. If anyone has other suggestion or can assist on the research, please let me (and others reading) know. Thank you.
    Mac,

Why not try talking to these publishers? The book here may be what you need but there could be other lists for the same year, I don't honestly know. It's worth a try dropping them a line should you decide to buy a copy to find out. Certainly cheaper than employing a researcher, that's a fact. I also believe you can get DVD copies of the Dienstalterliste from NARA in the U.S. for around $65 that are more or less the same thing, but may be of a broader spectrum, I ain't sure.

1944 Ss Officers List Dienstaltersliste

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Default Re: SS Honour Ring for discussion - named to 'Hahn'.

Name is Matt. Thanks guys! I have this posted on WAF just now and waiting to see if anyone picks up on it.

Tank commanders quite often sported abit of necklace bling with their uniforms, so don't be so quick to dismiss tankers as respected and honored! Panzer men did, indeed, quite often end up considerably decorated and many of them owned little silver skull rings with Himmler names inside them!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Tank commanders quite often sported abit of necklace bling with their uniforms, so don't be so quick to dismiss tankers as respected and honored! Panzer men did, indeed, quite often end up considerably decorated and many of them owned little silver skull rings with Himmler names inside them!
    Exactly right! For instance Hauptmann Der Reserves 'Diddo' Diddens chief of 1/ Sturmgeschutz Battallion 'Grossdeutschland'. Actually a Wehrmacht officer who was previously a member of the pre war SS. He was awarded the RK with Oaks and also was a Honour ring recipient. He can be seen wearing it in the photo below.

Another tank commander who was an Honour ring holder was Hermann Priess RK Oaks and Swords, chief of the 3rd SS 'Totenkopf' division and later 1st SS Panzerkorps. He was sentenced to 20 years for the Malmedy massacre, and served a 9 year term.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Honour Ring for discussion - named to 'Hahn'.  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Really interesting indeed. I wonder then how many SS Officers were named Hahn with this ring?

just look on e-bay.

you reminded me ned,I had a honor ring years ago with the name of priess on it.

eBay??!!

there are ss rings on there all the time.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast