Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SS Honour Ring: I just Got is it real or fake

Article about: Hi Mark, That's an interesting theory about them being die stamped, and does make alot of sense when you think about the slight differences in such things as the different thicknesses in the

Default SS Honour Ring: I just Got is it real or fake

SS Honour Ring: I just Got is it real or fakeSS Honour Ring: I just Got is it real or fakeSS Honour Ring: I just Got is it real or fakeSS Honour Ring: I just Got is it real or fakeSS Honour Ring: I just Got is it real or fakeSS Honour Ring: I just Got is it real or fakeSS Honour Ring: I just Got is it real or fake

Just got this ring from a friend who said his wifes dad brought it back from Germany.
    Just got some more info, she has several peices that her Father brought back and she wants to sell it all off because it was attached to the Nazi Party.
    Will be posting all of it as soon as i can get hold of this stuff.
    The person who brought it back was in several Battles in the opining of the war and ended up as a Artillery operator.
    I will soon have his record of service.
    any help you can give would be nice.
    William
    Last edited by will4me; 04-15-2012 at 01:14 PM. Reason: More Info

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Honour Ring: I just Got is it real or fake
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Honor Ring I just Got is it real or fake

If it's real ,lots of money.If fake,50 bucks.

?

Default re: SS Honour Ring: I just Got is it real or fake

For every real one of these there must be hundreds of fakes....

I can't imagine why anyone would try to drill the eyes out for stones in a supposed Honor Ring.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

i know very little about pretty much anything on this site. but im pretty dam sure thats fake. sorry

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I can't imagine why anyone would try to drill the eyes out for stones in a supposed Honor Ring.
    I've seen Two. One with purple stones like amethyst and another with an emerald eye (the other one was missing) both were considered genuine. As far as this one goes, if it's a copy it's a damn good one. The lack of detail on the teeth is a bit of a concern, but they varied considerably from ring to ring, it could be wear as well though. I think better pic's are required of all the runes and the engraving inside, it stands a chance IMO.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

True that,Ned. Definitely more and better photos are needed. I particularly don't like the triangle's edges in the 4th photo. As far as the attempted drilling for the eye stones, this could well have been done by a bonehead GI who took it to begin with and decided to fancy it up abit to wear around. Who knows? Like you say, it has Potential...
    William

Thank you to everyone that has responded.
    I just got an Email from Craig Gottlieb at Craig Gottlieb Military Antiques and he says it looks real but he would need to see it in person.
    I will be mailing out to him as soon as i can to get it authencated and go from there.
    The eye socket that look (Drilled) is not drilled but has some of the paint or whatever it is in it missing, I will post more pics as i have a bunch.

Here are some more Pictures hope these help, and I can take more.
    Thank you again to everyone who is looking at these please be brutal because i am approaching this as a fake myself but it has all the hallmarks of being real.
    William

SS Honour Ring: I just Got is it real or fakeSS Honour Ring: I just Got is it real or fakeSS Honour Ring: I just Got is it real or fakeSS Honour Ring: I just Got is it real or fakeSS Honour Ring: I just Got is it real or fakeSS Honour Ring: I just Got is it real or fakeSS Honour Ring: I just Got is it real or fake
    Last edited by will4me; 04-16-2012 at 01:09 AM. Reason: More Info

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that it's got heavy wear, but I'm not seeing a whole lot to worry about otherwise on this ring. You just might have a good one, Will. It's got the right construction and the new photos show the detailing much better.
    William

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast