Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

ss ring

Article about: has anyone got an ss enamelled ring to show, how do you know when they were made?

?

Default ss ring

has anyone got an ss enamelled ring to show, how do you know when they were made?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ss ring
    P
    Many

May I suggest a forum search on your part. If they have ever been shown here then that's the way to find them.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by bonny View Post
    has anyone got an ss enamelled ring to show, how do you know when they were made?
    Hi Mike,
    I have a few enamelled SS rings. These are two favourites. I have not posted them previously.

The ring on the left is quite worn. It was the first ring I ever bought. At the time, I bought it along with a nice silver skull ring (which I wear every day... because it's a very cool ring!). The SS motto, "Meine Ehre heißt Treue", is engraved along the sides but very worn. The silver mark inside is 900.

The ring on the right is silver with a gold wreath surrounding the runes, and a black enamel (or maybe black glossy paint) background. The silver mark on the inside of the shank is 800.

I don't know how to tell when such rings were made. I have seen the pattern of the one on the left elsewhere but the one on the right may have been custom-made, perhaps for an officer. I haven't seen another like it. It came from a collection in Germany.

They are both small rings: fit perfectly on my pinky.

ss ring ss ring ss ring

?

thanks for showing, the one on the left is well known and considerd to be a fake/ fantasy ring, i'm sure other members will agree. the one on the right looks very nice and could be a private purchase ring, I feel that all these runic rings are jeweller made to order, these are just my opinions, I could be wrong.

?

no expert opinions!

?

Quote by bonny View Post
    no expert opinions!
    Lots of Ring Threads mingled in these 4 pages of threads. Enjoy the read. https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/searc...id=9676829&pp=

Not my area of focus and for good reason. "Rings are a Minefield for Me"
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

the middle one is nice

Quote by bonny View Post
    the middle one is nice
    Meaning you don't like the others?

?

they are all great looking rings, but a do not collect skull rings

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast