Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS ring

Article about: OK please help i have a WWII SS ring and i would like to know real or fake it was found in the bottom of a box at a garage sale in the Ukraine

bdarylk
    ?

Default SS ring

OK please help i have a WWII SS ring and i would like to know real or fake it was found in the bottom of a box at a garage sale in the Ukraine
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS ring   SS ring  

SS ring   SS ring  

SS ring   SS ring  

SS ring   SS ring  

2. # ADS

Default Re: SS ring

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

This is very difficult to appraise.

At best, this is a field made or locally bought item. It is not an official item. The problem is, fakes are legion, especially from Eastern Europe.

I do have a concern about the legend on the side. 3rd SS Pz Regt was part of the Totenkopf Division. This ring with the "AH" after the wording, would imply "Adolf Hitler" but this was 1st SS Pz Regt.

Cheers, Ade.

It is really hard to tell, at least it is not very well known fake. Seems it is a trench art ring and it is almost impossible to say when it was made. Maybe in 1943 but maybe in 2011. I personally do not like the engraving and do not belive it is original. Just my opinion.

Personally, I would have to give it a thumbs down. Rings are one of my favorite side lines and This one in particular just does not give a good impression. If it was a field made piece,I seriously doubt that you would see delicately engraved script writing Inside of it. And the overall crudity of the details of both it's construction and design doesn't point towards a professionally made piece of jewelry, so....there you go. But,that's just my opinion,of course. I've never been wrong before... William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I agree with Frundsburg and William although not a common fake yet !! this one just doesn't sit right , too many negatives !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings