Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Ring Questions

Article about: Hello everyone! I've received this SS Ring today. I was hoping you guys could tell me a little about it. It looks real to me. Any help in determining that would be grand. Thank you.

Yes indeed a fantasy ring

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Ring Questions
    P
    Many

Quote by tailor marc View Post
    I can understand replica German stuff. They can be used for re enactments but i think it should be illegal for them to put makers marks. That there is trying to decive.
    Hope you can get your money back
    The problem is who is going to legally go after the anonymous faker? It is most likely a civil case, not criminal. I do not see any legal body going after criminal charges on "fake Nazi stuff." When the cost of aquisition exceeds the cost of aquisition, fake and fantasy items will be made.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I have only 3 TR rings and with 2 of them I know personally the guy who dug them out of the ground. The 3rd ring was dealer purchased and matches exactly one of the ground dug originals. I could never be convinced to buy a TR ring any other way...

Don't ever believe without questioning if a ring is made of silver just because it's marked. I've seen so-called silver rings very well marked that would turn your finger the prettiest green. Sometimes, they are just plated silver but still marked and other times, they aren't silver at all, but marked nonetheless. This is Supposed to be illegal, but as Bob said, the authorities really could care less if people that collect "that Nazi stuff" get cheated. Sometimes, I think they even get a secret snicker out of seeing it happen....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

hdkapwjvfuc
    ?

Where did you bought this Ring?

- - ------- - -

Whrere did you bought this Ring?

Quote by hdkapwjvfuc View Post

- - ------- - -

Look at 1944shop or germanring.lv You maybe find what your looking for there.

- - ------- - -

Quote by hdkapwjvfuc View Post

- - ------- - -

Look at 1944shop or germanring.lv You maybe find what your looking for there.
    If you want to have a reproduction.

I was reading earlier posts. All i can say is for any collector looking for any collector's item is too join our club! We have many collectors who study, study and then study some more. I have had fellow members ask of my opinions on pieces and i also always ask the club before i purchase anything. Even when i am 100% sure i still want a consensus on the piece. That way i have not been burned.

It is always a thrill to learn on pieces. SS items are very tricky in particular. But with my friends in the club backing me up, i always feel confident in my purchases. We look out for each other and i would have it no other way.

Hi, I am a third reich collector of many, many years. This being what I collect, I also deal in antiques, toys, sports memorabilia, other militaria, many other areas, silver being one of them. As a third reich collector I stay far away from rings, not to say I havent owned a few, but, I do not seek these items out. Being one of the heaviest faked, and easiest items to fake, from this time, I suggest anyone aspiring to be a collector of these types of items [rings, jewelry, etc.], do some serious research and studying for quite some time before ever making any purchase. Being a dealer in silver, I know quite a bit about it. Silver,along with the other precious metals are very soft metals meaning they are very easy to work with for a skilled silversmith. In other words it is fairly easy to make very fine quality reproductions of these actual third reich personal items. I think there are more fantasy pieces than actual repros of real pieces out there on the market because to the untrained anything with a swastika "could be, or could have been" actually from nazi Germany. For the makers of fakes, a convincing fantasy piece is just easier to make than to try to reproduce a quality convincing reproduction of one that actually existed. I.E. the SS honor ring. This had the recipients name and date he received it engraved inside, along with H. Himmler's facsimile signature,and silver content mark [usually 800] all on the inside of the band. Also this type of ring had the seam in the front, which as far as jewelry goes, is almost unheard of. Almost always, seam is in back, sometimes with a very intricate design, no seam. The skull on the SS ring covers up the seam in the front. One more note I dont know if ive ever seen the silver mark, silver content, makers mark, or any stamp on the outside of a ring, or on the front of anything silver as far as jewelry goes. No matter what kind of ring it is, this alone throws up big red flags. IF just 5% of all the rings I see were real, Every person in nazi Germany was like Liberace, and wore 2 or 3 rings on every finger they had !!!!!!!!

Honor Rings had no makers mark or Silver content stamp to them-either inside or out...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Im sorry, I meant the deaths head ring, Thanks Wagriff !!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast