Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Ring real or fake?

Article about: So I have been looking to purchase this ring from someone I met but I just cant tell if it is fake or genuine as I have never seen a real SS ring in real life. Here are some photos of the ri

Landbeforebosh
    ?

Default SS Ring real or fake?

So I have been looking to purchase this ring from someone I met but I just cant tell if it is fake or genuine as I have never seen a real SS ring in real life. Here are some photos of the ring in question..

SS Ring real or fake?SS Ring real or fake?SS Ring real or fake?SS Ring real or fake?SS Ring real or fake?

2. # ADS

Looks bad even with such terrible photos.

Landbeforebosh
    ?

Yeah I think I am just gonna stay clear of it, these are the shi**y photos the seller sent to me.
    Last edited by Larry C; 12-22-2014 at 11:36 AM.

No.....Just no.

Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Default Nope

Crap photos from a seller are a prime indicator that they are trying to hide something. Regardless of that, the skull and crossbones design is a dead giveaway on a supposed honour ring.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Crap photos from a seller are a prime indicator that they are trying to hide something. Regardless of that, the skull and crossbones design is a dead giveaway on a supposed honour ring.
    I see your thinking Glenn. More Jack Sparrow than Heinrich Himmler eh?
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Rubbish Even to My untrained eye

?

Yep Landbeforebosh...Anyone who cannot give a nice close up view of an items details is hiding something. You are wise to steer clear.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

In addition to all that has been said above, allow me one more observation:

For all the lousy quality of the photographs, one can still make out that the ring bears a silver content marking on the inside. Genuine SS Honor Rings never had silver content markings, nor did they have RZM markings or maker's marks. The presence of any of those is enough to tell a ring is fake.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast