Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

SS/skull ring collection

Article about: Hey guys, I found this section looking for SS rings and skull rings to buy. I seem to be unable to find any. Guys hoard those things up!! Can't blame them. I would love to buy some more, jus

As far as I am aware of, there are no helpful books on TR rings...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Quote by Gwar View Post
    hdmarley, I used to collect "TR" Rings... Are there any publications that can help fellow members that you or Odal can suggest or is a basis of hands on experience ?? I had a bad taste of fakes and gave up a few years ago.. Any information IMO could help fellow collectors of such items... Cordially.. Gwar
    Gwar, I myself sure wished there was. It's a learning experience for me every day. I troll thru old threads on many forums and trying to learn the characteristics of said originals.

Gaspare is finishing up a book on rings. Rings if all kinds, period photos, period ads, and documents. That will be so nice to have. To look and drool over as well as learn s little and have as reference one can go back and view and compare.

I was at the SOS show this year. I found 4 rings. 3 I had a good feeling on. Texted some photos and all was old GI site fakes. Now I've learned and talked to others I can somewhat spot one far off now.

Here in the USA, websites seldom ever have them. I missed one good one on the WAF forum. Only SS ring I seen sale there ever. It's usually behind the scenes friend to friend transaction.

hdmarley

?

hdmarley, Will this publication be available in the U.S. ?? And will the author cover all styles or just certain rings.. I am intrigued and would very much like to see the different rings De-bunked or accepted... Any information would greatly be appreciated.. Please keep me in mind when the book is published... Thanks again.. G..
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    As far as I am aware of, there are no helpful books on TR rings...
    That was my personal mistake in the beginning and end of rings..Thanks Wagriff..

Quote by Gwar View Post
    hdmarley, Will this publication be available in the U.S. ?? And will the author cover all styles or just certain rings.. I am intrigued and would very much like to see the different rings De-bunked or accepted... Any information would greatly be appreciated.. Please keep me in mind when the book is published... Thanks again.. G..

Oh yeah!! Gaspare lives up north. Been putting stuff together for a while then lost it all to those bad floods from hurricanes a few years back. But he is back on the ball with it now. It will cover all rings and variations ect to my knowledge. I'm excited for it to come out believe me 😍

Where do you live? I'm in TN.

hdmarley

?

Hahaha... I live on the road, and air... I could be anywhere !!
    I just went through Franklin and Paris as well as Clarksville and Nashville and West Memphis near Arkansas.. Soon I hope to be in Hawaii !! KIT and I look forward to any post you may reply to... G-Man
    P.S. I am near Savannah, GA on my way to S.C. and then on to N.C. G

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    hdmarley, I used to collect "TR" Rings... Are there any publications that can help fellow members that you or Odal can suggest or is a basis of hands on experience ?? I had a bad taste of fakes and gave up a few years ago.. Any information IMO could help fellow collectors of such items... Cordially.. Gwar
    There is a publication about Westwall-rings. Writen by my friend Gerd Hagedorn. Some little mistakes in it, but the best/only available i know in moment.
    Here a link to the first version on Gerds homepage:

WESTWALLRINGE - GERD HAGEDORN HOME

And yes, Gaspare is working for years on a book about this theme and he told me it will be finished end of this year.

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Hahaha... I live on the road, and air... I could be anywhere !!
    I just went through Franklin and Paris as well as Clarksville and Nashville and West Memphis near Arkansas.. Soon I hope to be in Hawaii !! KIT and I look forward to any post you may reply to... G-Man
    P.S. I am near Savannah, GA on my way to S.C. and then on to N.C. G

KIT, ha ha ha used to love that show when I was a boy!! Well if you find yourself on 75 north of Knoxville, get in touch. Bring your rings, we can have a show n share over a few cold ones🍻

Nice ring's!!! Can't wait for G's complition!!!...HAPPY HUNTING EVERYONE!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1833774qw6j3uepf.jpg 
Views:	964 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	868991   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IT_Press_SS-Hand-Ring.jpg 
Views:	2419 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	868989  

Attached Images Attached Images  

Wonderful clear photo!! Many thanks for sharing.

hdmarley

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast