MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ss totenkopf ring

Article about: hi does anybody know if there is any reserchers,group or enthusiasts trying to locate the many ss rings blast sealed into the side of a mountain near Wewelsburg? a find like that would surel

?

Default ss totenkopf ring

hi
    does anybody know if there is any reserchers,group or enthusiasts
    trying to locate the many ss rings blast sealed into the side of a mountain near Wewelsburg?
    a find like that would surely be monumental,as i say any new information on it?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ss totenkopf ring
    P
    Many

Default Re: ss totenkopf ring

if any such did exist,,,they were probably all dug out by now

I tend to subscribe to another version of this situation, that being, the U.S. unit that came upon the castel found the box containing the rings that had been returned (as ordered by Himmler) and that the commander of that unit distributed them among his men. Should this be the case, then it is quite possible that within the next decade some of these rings may be surfacing due to the expiration of longevity for these veterans. Keep your hopes up!

I've heard both sides of the story, the mountain side, and the rings distributed to his men.

I would love to know which one is true.

Brian

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    I've heard both sides of the story, the mountain side, and the rings distributed to his men.

I would love to know which one is true.

Brian
    My take is that the second version seems a bit more logical, given the turmoil at that stage of the war. I think that Himmler was too concerned about saving himself, than rings.

The Dienstaltersliste Der Schutztaffel' 1934 which was captured by the Americans shows the list of receipients of the rings and was last updated by 1944, it would therefore make sense that at least one of those rings returned to Himmler from dead SS reciipients would have turned up on the auction/collectors market in the last 65 years if they had actually been found. Since none have appeared, it can be therefore be fairly assumed that the rings have never been found. I would have also thought that the SS Honour code "Loyalty is my Honour" would have ensured that the SS soldiers who hid the rings would have promised to take the secret of the site to their grave.There is some info on the website HonorRing.com

Cool! I love these mysteries. I would guess that there are still hidden caches of different TR items all around Germany. Too bad that searching and metal detecting are so frowned upon or I think we would see many new finds coming up given the amount of enthusiasts out there.

Quote by shuggymac1 View Post
    The Dienstaltersliste Der Schutztaffel' 1934 which was captured by the Americans shows the list of receipients of the rings and was last updated by 1944, it would therefore make sense that at least one of those rings returned to Himmler from dead SS reciipients would have turned up on the auction/collectors market in the last 65 years if they had actually been found. Since none have appeared, it can be therefore be fairly assumed that the rings have never been found. I would have also thought that the SS Honour code "Loyalty is my Honour" would have ensured that the SS soldiers who hid the rings would have promised to take the secret of the site to their grave.There is some info on the website HonorRing.com
    Here is a response that I received from Don Boyle (highly recognized expert on these rings and their history), some of whom here may know of Don, when I posed the above statement to him:

"I have seen 3 rings that were found at the castle at the end of the war by Captain Black who located about 200 in a silver box as for the others retuned to Himmler they have never turned up but is believed to be known by the curator of Wewelsburg Castle but this is just speculation as is that they were blasted into the side of a mountain.
    Your Friend
    Don"

Here is some additional information from Don Boyle. If any of you have his book you can see the photo of this ring.

"Richard : If you look in my book there is a ring that was given to an SS Doctor by a dying SS Officer to return to Himmler, as the man was dying he took it off. He made the request that the ring be returned to Himmler. The ring and document appear in my book so one did surface , as I once owned it that was returned to Himmler . The list did run from 1934 to 1944 with 3 dienstalterslist being made in 1944. The rings did not appear on the list until 1935 so in 1934 there was no way of telling from that list who recieved the ring unil the 1935 list came out.
    Regards Don"

Hi guys, I have come across what is believed to be a genuine SS ring. It was discovered by Anna,(a friend of my mums)in amongst some costume jewellery that belonged to to her (Anna's) mother.
    Anna does not know how her mother got the ring. Her parents were in a refugee camp in Austria after the Second World War. They then moved to Australia. And Anna found the ring after her mother passed away. Anna does not want the ring to be sold so we are going to donate it to the museum at Wevelsburg castle in June. We have contacted the museum and they are happy to take it. We have also contacted a professor in Germany who is trying to find out about the man the ring belonged to. Inscribed on the inside of the ring is S.lb Orf 21.6.44 H. Himmler.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast