Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

SS Viking Ring, real or fake?

Article about: by ikh90 Then i thank you for you're opinion . But it's harsh to be a newbie Only when you treat others with disrespect.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Yes Jerry, a bit leathery and old skool. Still, on the bright side the ring looks great!

Attachment 595350
    Oooh Jerry you beast!.....
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Oooh Jerry you beast!.....
    Thanks mate.

A shame he did not chose this one. I must remember to keep my kit on in future.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	me and my suzuki.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	171.5 KB 
ID:	595370  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Thanks mate.

A shame he did not chose this one. I must remember to keep my kit on in future.
    Cracking bikes those old GS series, the 850 i used for dispatching had nearly 200,000 on the clock. I bet the neighbors love you with the end cut off that can!...
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Cracking bikes those old GS series, the 850 i used for dispatching had nearly 200,000 on the clock. I bet the neighbors love you with the end cut off that can!...
    I have to admit the sound it makes is just wonderful, though at low revs it is quite quiet, but open it up and it howls like a beauty. I manage to get it through its MOT every year and only once was it mentioned after they had passed it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Ok, gentlemen - as I understand the question was about the ring and yes, it is a fantasy design. And a very well known one - there are many copies of the "original fake" and the ring from the 1970-ies already has some value because it is at least well made.

I suggest we can make here a special forum for all well known fakes as the "Wiking" ring, Totenkopfring, Wiking-Nordland ring, SS Charlemagne ring, Ostfront anti-partisan ring etc. Just for educational reasons and later we can move all such discussions to teh fake rin subforum. I can start the new forum with my photos, i can take them within next days.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345