Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Swastika Ring found with Metaldetector

Article about: hi guys i got a question,a few days ago i was searching with my metaldetector,for ww2 relics in a forest near Aachen. that day i got k98 clips,m1 garand clips,german and us buttons,k98 Bayon

hey, nice finds you should post a thread about your finds with pics would be very interesting for some members on here

wish i lived over there could go do that allso

how deep down dose stuff normally be?

aww, that's a nice story with the mess tin

Martin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    buxler, IMO your English is much better than my Dutch or German ..
    haha okay Gwar thanks☺

?

I agree... I would love to have the chance to metal detect in a great area.. ( Bar Bombs ) of course !! As stated by ironcross13 I also would like to see some of your finds !! Gwar
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Quote by ironcross13 View Post
    hey, nice finds you should post a thread about your finds with pics would be very interesting for some members on here

wish i lived over there could go do that allso

how deep down dose stuff normally be?

aww, that's a nice story with the mess tin

Martin
    okay no problem Martin i will do.
    the depth depants of the ground type, you can find for example .roman coins or stone age axes you can find on top of a field with your eyes,because the farmer plage it to the top also ww2 items but in the woods the most ww2 things lying deeper.i found a helmet on a depth of 1 meter and 20 cm.but the most things in a forerst you must find with a detector

greetings

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    I agree... I would love to have the chance to metal detect in a great area.. ( Bar Bombs ) of course !! As stated by ironcross13 I also would like to see some of your finds !! Gwar
    if you ever go to holland belgium or germany for hollyday you are welcome.and yoy can com with me searching

greetings

Unfortunately, this is not a period ring. It has Many signs of being cast-both on the outside and the inside. I would have to say that it is simply a modern cast ring of fantasy design.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Unfortunately, this is not a period ring. It has Many signs of being cast-both on the outside and the inside. I would have to say that it is simply a modern cast ring of fantasy design.
    I totally agree
    No period made pattern.

It would be Interesting to know the story of how it came to be found buried in a forest near Aachen!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

as said casting marks give it away

?

I have a ring almost identical to this one except mine has SS runes on it instead of a swastika. I have no idea if mine is a period ring or not. I have always had my doubts about it, but since it was given to me by a friend, I never really worried about it. I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast