Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thoughts on authenticity of SS honor ring

Article about: This honor ring is part of a large collection of material from an estate that is going to dealt with soon. I've been asked to help with values/authenticity on some items and with rings I hav

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Every year, they get just a little bit far? No...but tomorrow? Who knows...
    There are certainly some Panzerkampfabzeichen fakes on the market right now that are almost indistinguishable from the real thing. With another 20-30 years patina on them then we'll be in trouble! But then, I won't be here to worry about it. I certainly don't envy the next generations of collectors, they'll have to get a lot more scientific and forensic in their authenticating endeavours even to keep up....

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Appreciate the help. I don't collect rings but I know they are faked so I figured asking here to get opinions would be a good option. Thanks very much and I'll pass on the information so they don't try and sell it as a real item.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12