Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Totenkopf Ring - authenticity

Article about: Hi, It's original or fake? How much worth?

?

Default Totenkopf Ring - authenticity

Hi,
    It's original or fake? How much worth?
    Totenkopf Ring - authenticityTotenkopf Ring - authenticityTotenkopf Ring - authenticityTotenkopf Ring - authenticity

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Totenkopf Ring - authenticity
    P
    Many

Default Re: Totenkopf Ring - authenticity

It has an RZM stamp, it's no good mate. The quality looks pretty ordinary too.

Got to agree, dont hold high hope for this one at all

Jason

?

Thanks Mates!

?

I bet it's not made from 900 silver either!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Cast fake....terrible quality...wrong markings....doesn't even look like actual silver....value? 0
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

pass.

jeeez.

This is a well known fake and as I was told also a fantasy item from Latvia. But the quality of this ring is much better than the average fakes have and it is not casted but stucked item. And these rings were all made of silver 5-6 years ago, silver costed almost nothing then. One Russian dealer told me already some 10 years ago that this ring was actually made after similar design found from a Latvian SS wartime newspaper by local silversmith in the beginning of the 1990-ies. Later also Russians started to produce it and now there are even bad casted copies from Poland of the same ring on the market. I do not know is that story true or not but this man knew a lot about faking III-rd Reich items and producing IV-th Reich ones...

I personally like the design and it is one of the best manufactured fantasy rings on the market. But of course - it is not the real thing so I see no point to buy it.

Notorious
    ?

I own 2 that I purchased at a totally reasonable price, with the assumption they were most likely fake. The stamping does not read 900 silver, considering that does not seem to exist as a silver standard (well not since the 19th century), so the 900 must refer to something else (if anything at all). It is actually stamped 800 on the back side of the band and when tested with acid seems to correctly read as 800. Thats not a huge selling point, seeing as silver is extremely cheap. Even the current rate of .925 is approximately 1g = .80USD/.62Euros, so it isn't crazy to believe the materials are actually true to the stamping (too bad they aren't worth much at all). The design is exceptional, maybe not a ring for a true collector, but definitely an awesome novelty piece to some SS fanboy. From the people I have shown, all have been impressed. Mind you these are not true collectors, but if the price is right I would totally pay it again, just for the sake of having a badass looking ring. Ultimately, the possibility of me getting my hands on not one, but two for the price I paid, makes it completely unbelievable in itself.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast