Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Totenkopfring SS H.Himmler opinions please!

Article about: In My opinion-this is not a Third Reich ring nor is it an SS honour ring as it is made to resemble. Just modern day rubbish made for the sole purpose of deceiving novice and uninformed colle

Default Re: Totenkopfring SS H.Himmler opinions please!

In My opinion-this is not a Third Reich ring nor is it an SS honour ring as it is made to resemble. Just modern day rubbish made for the sole purpose of deceiving novice and uninformed collectors out of their money, is all. The skull is not even the correct configuration. If this thing is, indeed, silver-crush it and melt it. At least you'll get a couple of honest dollars worth of silver from it. William

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Totenkopfring SS H.Himmler opinions please!
    P
    Many

The ring is bogus. It does bear some things worthy of comment though. There were two patterns of ring, the '1930's pattern and '1940's pattern. These two types were noticeably different in many ways, the skull eye sockets, width of the rune panels, slimmer ring body on the '30's variant, more barrell shaped on the '40's model, plus many other anomalies. This ring is neither one nor the other, but a mixture of both.

Look closely at the Swastika panel, the blackened void between it's top left and the oakleaves is never seen. Same goes for the void around the double rune panel. There are other design features here that are also wrong, but we'll leave those for now...

Finally, lets move onto the engraving. There are variants in this on original rings, different engravers worked on these at Otto Gahr's production facility over the 11 years of ring production. This example is not like any known, it's too deep for a start. The kicker though is the fact that there is no recipients name and not a date (of the six known to have been used) engraved on the inside. This would never have occured.

All said though, the fake ring, whilst not able to pass muster after a perfunctory look, is not a bad copy compared to some out there!

Hope this helps, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

But Ned...which ring are you talking about? The fake ring that was first posted or the ring that was "personally found at 25cm underground in the woods with a metal detector in the Sudetenland"?? lol Got to love the stories they add to their bogus scams! William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    But Ned...which ring are you talking about? The fake ring that was first posted or the ring that was "personally found at 25cm underground in the woods with a metal detector in the Sudetenland"?? lol Got to love the stories they add to their bogus scams! William
    Ha! I was talking specifically about the second ring William, but yeah, the other one is also bad.....only really bad!!!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

ELISE
    ?

Quote by big ned View Post
    Ha! I was talking specifically about the second ring William, but yeah, the other one is also bad.....only really bad!!!

Regards, Ned.
    I have the same opinions ;-) The Ring with Himmler so high engraved - is never a original !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2