Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Totenkorpfring original or fake ?

Article about: Well, it is a copy but not the worst one:-P. As fakers are clever they do not make brand new looking rings. The ring that shows some wear sells even better.

Default Re: Totenkorpfring original or fake ?

Well, it is a copy but not the worst one:-P. As fakers are clever they do not make brand new looking rings. The ring that shows some wear sells even better.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Totenkorpfring original or fake ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Totenkorpfring original or fake ?

Like everyone else has said in my opinion this is a very crude made fake Honor Ring . Also as stated Honor Rings were never hallmarked in any way. As author of the ( SS Totenkopf H. Himmler Honor Ring 1933-1945) and having looked at more original Honor Rings then anyone in the world I base my opinion. I have seen fakes made as early as right after World War-2 to current made copies. When ever there is an item worth Thousands and even just hundreds of dollars there will be fakes made with wear and even made to look as if they were ground dug to try and give originality to a blatant fake ring. I have examined thousands of copy Honor Rings over the years. Knowledge is power so wether you are looking for an Honor Ring or even a dagger, badge or signed document ask respectable dealers -- collectors for advice or purchase books on the subject and read up on the item and you also have great people as those on this forum who can give you great advice and help you save your hard earned money. So my advice is to think before rushing to spend your hard earned money and always beware of an item that is priced way below what you know it should sell for because it may be a fake or have some issues or been altered in some way . Think with your head and not your heart and you will always do the right thing, Have a Good Night Don Boyle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2