Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Viking Panzer Division WWII German Ruby Ring (Real or fake) ?

Article about: What the hell is with the eyes? The viking looks like some 80's He-Man villain.

Default Viking Panzer Division WWII German Ruby Ring (Real or fake) ?

I just seen this and i have never seen anything like it. Anychance this could be real?
    Im not going to buy it but just thought i would post it for discussion. Either going to be a good buy or someones going to be really sad if its a fake....

Viking Panzer Division Wwii German Ruby Ring | eBay
    Last edited by Larry C; 08-21-2013 at 11:43 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Viking Panzer Division WWII German Ruby Ring (Real or fake) ?
    P
    Many

Im thinking its fake just be the look and the seller hasnt ever sold anything before Hmmmm

How about posting some photos so the link doesn't die when the auction ends?

That way this thread will have some value for the future.

Someone actually made a Gold version of the old fake Viking rings? And for an added fillip, they even stuck some red stones in the eyes! Somehow...I Don't think he'll be getting his $3500 for it....but there Are alot of fools out there with too much money in their pockets(Unfortunately, I'm not one of them...), so you never know. But I will say, that the Silver versions of these rings have been around from at Least the early 60's, and they were a dime a dozen even Then. They were one of the very first fake rings on the market. The little horns were Wonderful for catching on your pants pocket and everything else.... If there ever Was such a ring to begin with, I can truly say that I've never seen one and would question any that did not have a bulletproof provenance to it-but I Very much doubt that they ever did exist in the first place. The seller in this case states that it has "very slight wear", but it looks shiny and crisp as the day it was made-which was probably last week....and I love the "Allach style" SS runes inside...I wonder what official SS agency was supposed to have issued these? The SS Ring and Jewelry Office? lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Viking Panzer Division WWII German Ruby Ring (Real or fake) ?Viking Panzer Division WWII German Ruby Ring (Real or fake) ?Viking Panzer Division WWII German Ruby Ring (Real or fake) ?Viking Panzer Division WWII German Ruby Ring (Real or fake) ?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thank you William, that travesty of metalwork is a total joke. I think this thread wastes our bandwidth and should be deleted.

Thanks William.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks for posting the images. This thread actually can be useful to help spot fakes. All fakes posted may help a fellow collector novice or professional from being caught out ESPECIALLY something of this dollar value

Quote by tailor marc View Post
    Thanks for posting the images. This thread actually can be useful to help spot fakes. All fakes posted may help a fellow collector novice or professional from being caught out ESPECIALLY something of this dollar value
    I am relieved to have a furry friend who spotted this immediately for what it is, a historically accurate and sophisticated fake, and saved me several thousand dollars.....Thanks Nugger!

Viking Panzer Division WWII German Ruby Ring (Real or fake) ?
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Hmm... This is terrible. The quality is awful and crude at best,even If its solid gold or plated. The eyes are crooked also!

Ned, I didn't know your dog was the one from "Dam Busters"! ..oh wait, that dogs name was slightly different..never mind.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast