Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

And the winner is.....

Article about: Hi guys, i managed to win this outstanding ring last night at the new auction of Klaus Butschek. I was bidding on 5-6 items but i was outbid on everything except on this DAK ring. Collectors

Default Re: And the winner is.....

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Some of the starting bids were more than I would have paid for the item retail. The blank, unused photo albums at what, $4-500? Good Lord. Even some of the photos. I would have taken a stab at some items but with the premium factored in and shipping, just too much. Anyway, dont want to turn this into a bashing session because thats not what it is. Im sure Klaus is a nice gentleman and I have done business a few times with great satisfaction.
    That's why i said Klaus is a very clever bloke. The ones to blame for the ridiculous prices are the collectors not the seller. Usually we accuse the dealers that they set very high prices but in these auctions the starting prices are low. It's up to the collectors where the closing price will end.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement And the winner is.....
    P
    Many

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    That's why i said Klaus is a very clever bloke. The ones to blame for the ridiculous prices are the collectors not the seller. Usually we accuse the dealers that they set very high prices but in these auctions the starting prices are low. It's up to the collectors where the closing price will end.
    That's why I said its not a bashing session. I dont blame him. Not all starting bids were low, but that's a mute point now. You are correct, the bidders ran the prices up on themselves, as so often happens at auctions everywhere. But you got yourself an interesting ring. I hope it is real.

?

This why the dealers are turning more and more to auctions , the bidding war and lust to beat the competition can drive prices into the Crazy area !!

Nice historical pick up Chris and for a good price
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul E View Post
    This why the dealers are turning more and more to auctions , the bidding war and lust to beat the competition can drive prices into the Crazy area !!

Nice historical pick up Chris and for a good price
    Very true Paul. It's a smart business move. Have the customers set the final sale price and move your inventory much faster. I was excited about the first auction. The last two I didn't.

well done Chris.Great..(i had no luck.i wanted a Third Reich Red Cross ID card , with starting bid 5 euros.dont wanted to spend much money.last time was winning with 7 euros but when see it again it was sold for 9 euros..thats the bad thing with auctions.like ebay.every time , last time someone is winning the item from you )

I had to set my alarm for 1.45am here so i could place my winning bid on the skull ring with 20 seconds to spare in order to avoid a bidding war if i had placed the bid earlier.

You guys are right about the crazy bidders, I think i saw a mint, unmarked EK2 and ribbon that went for 170euro! Thats probably 100euro too much IMO

Yes Glenn the EKIIs went through the roof. I know a mint example will bring a high price but really, over €200? Ill save my money for a helmet.

And let's not forget the minty M35 helmet which was sold in the first auction for the super crazy amount of 12.270 euros
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture And the winner is.....  
    Attached Images Attached Images And the winner is..... 
    Last edited by don_kihotis7; 07-22-2013 at 04:08 PM.

Great looking ring Chris..
    People go crazy at these auctions. I watched a BYF 41 luger rig go for $3000.00 US. This is insane.
    Two guys wanted it, I guess.
    Thanks for showing us your prize.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Quote by guns ltd View Post
    Thanks for showing us your prize.

John
    My pleasure John

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast