Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW II Himmler signed gold ring

Article about: Hi! I'm a new member here. A few days ago I find a gold ring (14 carats gold). The text inside is: H Himmler (and a monogram, but I can't read it clearly) 41. Can you tell the price, and you

xrs0k0
    ?

Default WW II Himmler signed gold ring

Hi!
    I'm a new member here. A few days ago I find a gold ring (14 carats gold). The text inside is: H Himmler (and a monogram, but I can't read it clearly) 41. Can you tell the price, and you think it's real? Thanks!WW II Himmler signed gold ringWW II Himmler signed gold ringWW II Himmler signed gold ringWW II Himmler signed gold ringWW II Himmler signed gold ringWW II Himmler signed gold ring

2. # ADS

?

imo its a fantasy ring,if its solid gold its worth the scrap value, but there are appraisal experts on this forum who will give you an expert valuation.

It's a bad fake of an SS honor ring (or perhaps I should say a fantasy piece inspired by an SS honor ring as the design of the Death's Head, the font of the engraving and the material bear no resemblance to the real thing).

Quote by xrs0k0 View Post
    Hi!
    I'm a new member here. A few days ago I find a gold ring (14 carats gold). The text inside is: H Himmler (and a monogram, but I can't read it clearly) 41. Can you tell the price, and you think it's real? Thanks
    Looks like a fantasy item to me too. The runes around the ring are based on the better-known but very rare SS Ehrenring, which was always made of silver, not gold, and of far better quality than this. I would steer clear.

14 carat gold?? I'll bet my boots it's not. Why cast a turd in expensive precious metal? It needs testing at least with nitric acid to prove it is or is not, and I'm betting not.

I wouldn't also mind betting this is another 1 post wonder, the reason being, 1.) The crappy user handle, never bodes well for a sustained input in the future, and 2.) The subject of rings, so often the objects in question when put up for verification by new, and most often serial single figure posters who are gone for good when their ring is condemned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Bloody hell, Ned! 😜

I agree with Ned. The pale yellow color of this "gold" certainly doesn't bode well...but, yes-it is a bad fantasy design ring that never was, in any case...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by SpitfireVb View Post
    Bloody hell, Ned! 😜
    You're O.K. Still a wee bit light on postings perhaps, but not far off the magical 3 figures that show sustained commitment to the forum in my book. The Gold Membership does show a significant desire to partake though, and be a member of the exclusive brotherhood of the WRF illuminati, so I'll rate you at B+ with a "Shows willing but must try harder" codicil....

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    You're O.K. ....

Regards, Ned.
    Noted! Thank you, sir! Likely, when I retire in a year or two, you'll grow sick of the sight of me here. I do enjoy the forum and have learned a great deal during my brief sojourn.

Close this thread? It has wasted enough bandwidth, in my opinion...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast