Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 Nazi Luftwaffe ring

Article about: Unfortunately I agree with the naysayers General P. Design is wrong and wear on inside of ring doesn't match wear on the outside. Wear on inside is fabricated by heating and buffing IMHO. Fi

Default WW2 Nazi Luftwaffe ring

Good day everybody. Today i decided to post pictures of my ring to see if it was authentic. The little research i did last year showed it was a silver WW2 Luftwaffe Ring, but im not quite sure. The inside of the ring appears to have been well used and it might have had some writing but it seems like it has been scratched out or melted a bit to cover up initials or a name (considering its history). Any information on it or Authentication would be appreciated. Thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Nazi Luftwaffe ring   WW2 Nazi Luftwaffe ring  

WW2 Nazi Luftwaffe ring   WW2 Nazi Luftwaffe ring  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 Nazi Luftwaffe ring
    P
    Many

Default Re: WW2 Nazi Luftwaffe ring

Sorry but it does not look like pre 1945 made ring.

?

I must admit i was looking at this one last night and trying to make up my mind, i agree with Frundsberg, apart from that i was looking at the construction, the two elongated sections which i assume hold the swastika in place would cause a very uncomfortable feeling on the finger as they stick into the interior of the ring, neither are there any european silver marks

?

what will they make next?

Are you guys sure its a fake? I mean, what about the inside?

?

Could it be a private commission piece.....does look to be well worn on the inside

?

It is a silver plate ring with the plating worn away in spots especially the outside back of the ring shank with what appears to be a brass base. That kind of says WWII era but it is my opinion that the design is more than likely a late 60's early 70's piece. It has that kind of a feel. The insignia designs of the 30's to 45 were art deco and this just isn't it.
    A jewelry artist is not going to do that much work in brass and then silver plate it. The cost of the silver is minimal to the original design work. It would make no sense.
    SteveR

Hi General,

I'm sorry to say that it's fake, how much did you pay for it? Reason i ask is that i just made an offer on the one shown here iOffer Stores - Northerngoodies, Page 3 earlier yesterday after seeing this thread.

Got a reply promptly the same afternoon, i had offered 12.00 GBP (just under $20), it was accepted, plus packaging.

Take a look at all the other stuff on there, 1000's of items, every one is fake.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Tragic, are you guys sure, 100% sure it's a fake?

It looks similar to so called "biker rings" from 1970-80-ies. I would not but it even for $20 but of course I can not give You 100% guarantee it is fake. I know many Eastern European fakes and I belive it is not one of them. But who knows - there are new designs every year, it is like fashion business - You have to offer something new for every year:-).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast