Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

WW2 Skull ring real or fake?

Article about: \\$6150 US for a decent Honour ring is not bad at all! Harmel's ring is "Price on Request",though,I see...one can only imagine what it must cost... William

Default First time poster, long time reader. Is this a swap meet knock off?

Got the chance to buy this from a guy here in the state, Oklahoma to be exact. I know that fakes of these abound, this guy is only asking $50.00 he knows real ones go for thousands and unless it is verified it isn't worth a pot to piss in. Your opinions on authenticity would be greatly appreciated.

-Black
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Skull ring real or fake?   WW2 Skull ring real or fake?  

WW2 Skull ring real or fake?   WW2 Skull ring real or fake?  

WW2 Skull ring real or fake?  
    Attached Images Attached Images WW2 Skull ring real or fake? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 Skull ring real or fake?
    P
    Many

?

For sure a fake - andnot the best one.
    But at least the skull is seperate soldered on :-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for the quick response O, in your opinion, what stands out. I have read threads, and the solid guild ring is a dead give away. I looked at certified real ones, and this ring has a line behind the skull on the inside of the ring like the real deal ones. My concern was how clean it was, guy said his old lady hit it with some cloth. I don't know much, but I know that with antiques, coins, knives, jewelry, you never clean. That is day one stuff.

To me, the jaw on the skull is the instant giveaway. There are more fakes of this kind on eBay than any other kind of honor ring.... About all that this ring is worth is the metal content-if it is made of solid silver, that is.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

helbab
    ?

Hello Jan, hope you are still around. I have exactly same shape of the ring, also found (by my oncle in the forest in 1945 together with many more things - left there by german army running from Czech Republic). But the metal is darker and less heavy than silver and has no numbers etc inside. Can you tell me what it might be? There is no way it could be fake. WW2 Skull ring real or fake?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8