Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this yet another fake Nazi ring?

Article about: Taking a lead from Frundsberg who has suggested the ring might have been made in Eastern Europe, I will go a short way out on a limb and raise an technical question--again, without trying to

Default Is this yet another fake Nazi ring?

I found this recently forgotten in a drawer.The ring itself is finely made. I am Unsure of the metal.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this yet another fake Nazi ring?   Is this yet another fake Nazi ring?  

Is this yet another fake Nazi ring?   Is this yet another fake Nazi ring?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this yet another fake Nazi ring?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Is this yet another fake Nazi ring?

These police eagle style rings have been around for quite some time now. Unfortunately, I have yet to ever see a supposed original-if there ever Were any to begin with.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

William has said exactly what I was thinking, as I scrolled down the images. These do seem to be popular whenever I am at the markets in central and eastern Europe...which is not usually a good sign as sadly, most on offer is usually reproduction or fantasy items.

Regards,

Carl

I have a question for Wagriff and anyone else who is knowledgeable about these sorts of things, especially jewelry. To me the ring looks like it was cast, and rather roughly cast. Is that the sort of thing you look for? It doesn't look like fine jewelry of the sort a proud organization would have produced to represent it. To be honest, I have seen cheap fits-any-finger rings that are sharper and more finely finished than the one shown above. But I know absolutely nothing about these things, ergo the question as a matter of interest only and not a suggestion as to authenticity. Dwight

Casting is usually Not a good sign when you're looking at rings. Most all the period semi-official rings that exist were flat stamped out and shaped and soldered to fit. An easy method that allowed to make for pretty fine details. When you cast rings-like here- it produced a very poor quality and instantly recognizable piece and also makes it more difficult to place "makers stamps and hallmarks" on the Inside of the ring where they usually should be, and so you'll quite often see stamps on the outside of the shank. (There Were the rare few now and then that Did legitimately sport outer markings, but they are uncommon-unlike the sea of modern copies that do). These things are, of course, just a few of the red flags that generally are looked for. Today, I think there must be 100 fakes for every actual authentic ring in existence.
    William

Wagriff: Thanks for that clearly stated answer. Dwight

I would also like to thank Wagriff for his answer.I have no vested interest in this ring but i just saw that there was what appears to be hand engraving on the inside of the ring.It is too difficult for me to photograph with my limited skills. I did find as well a torn page from a notebook with a supposed explanation of the words. I will try to post a pic.How do they place the writing on the inside if it is a fake.It does appear to be a european script.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this yet another fake Nazi ring?  

Britrecko12: Hand engraving on the inside of a ring is not a problem for a jeweler. Stamping something inside ring that is already completed is another matter, and, I'm sure its safe to say, impossible. I have had three of my rings engraved long after I had started wearing them. I hope you are able to get good photos of what is engraved inside yours. Dwight

As Dwight has said, it is a simple matter of a few minutes time and work for any jeweler(or anyone skilled with a hand engraver or access to an auto engraving machine) to write anything inside of a ring. It is a common and normal procedure when personalizing a ring-my wedding ring carries an engraved inner inscription-and that is in solid hard Platinum. The engraver could just as easily have engraved "Adolph Eichmann" or any such thing inside as he chose to do, to enhance it's sellability.
    Last edited by Wagriff; 11-19-2012 at 09:02 AM.
    William

Sorry, this ring is a fake. It is a casted ring and the engraving is also casted. I have seen such rings for at least 10 years, I do not know exactly who makes them but I belive these rings are produced in Russia or in Baltic states (estonia or Latvia).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast