Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

British general service buttons, variations

Article about: I have a few of these of different types and sizes. They range in size from 12mm up to 25mm and can be found in a variety of different materials, most being gilded brass or bronzed brass (fo

Default British general service buttons, variations

I have a few of these of different types and sizes. They range in size from 12mm up to 25mm and can be found in a variety of different materials, most being gilded brass or bronzed brass (for officers caps) and also in plastic. They all have the same design bearing the royal coat of arms, though the style of the crown changes with the monarch, from the Queen Victoria's crown, the Kings Crown (George V & VI and Edward VII & VIII) and then the Queens crown (Queen Elizabeth II). I don't have any of the Queens crown types as they fall outside my collecting period but I can show some of the different types of the Kings Crown versions which were used between circa 1901 to 1953.

Here are two dug up on excavations from S Wales. I'll add some more tomorrow.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British general service buttons, variations   British general service buttons, variations  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Some more, 3 of the brass type, 12mm, 17mm and 24mm, also 2 of the WWII economy type, 17mm and 24mm, I have never seen a 12mm in this type, or if I have I have forgotten about it. The 12mm is for use on caps and the others are for tunics and greatcoats.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British general service buttons, variations   British general service buttons, variations  

British general service buttons, variations   British general service buttons, variations  

British general service buttons, variations  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.