Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown Button

Article about: Hi all. I am trying to ID this button, but am having trouble doing so. Does anyone recognise the crown? I think it is foreign but it is made by Firmin. Any ideas would be great. Cheers.

Default Unknown Button

Hi all. I am trying to ID this button, but am having trouble doing so. Does anyone recognise the crown? I think it is foreign but it is made by Firmin. Any ideas would be great. Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown Button   Unknown Button  

Sorry for the late reply!
    But to me it is a button used by nobility, generaly for the household staff uniforms.
    Silver would be for out side staff; chauffeur, garden, forestry. Gold for the staff that work inside the house.../castle/manor(!).
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

sorry for this even more delayed reply, stuka is correct.
    It is a livery button, the "crown" is the marking for a "coronet" of a Viscount.

It's a livery button as already said, the crown is that of a Viscount and the letter appears to be a 'C'. That might very well indicate Viscount Cobham, as Firmin & Sons are known to have produced livery buttons for that family. Which Viscount of the lineage I can't say, there's been 12 up until now, and the design has changed over the various generations.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.