Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

1936 pattern cap star.

Article about: Hi Guys, I picked this one up at "Tankfest" last week. A member of the public brought it over to our group's display in order to sell it. He got it at auction included with some Br

Default 1936 pattern cap star.

Hi Guys, I picked this one up at "Tankfest" last week. A member of the public brought it over to our group's display in order to sell it. He got it at auction included with some British cap badges he bid on and won. As it was outside his interests he wanted to move it on. A bit of haggling and I bought it for £25 which we thought was a fair price.

Note the way the Hammer and Sickle are orientated on the star which is a little unusual? Also not the tiny number, "585" scratched on one of the prongs. No idea about those?

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1936 pattern cap star.   1936 pattern cap star.  

1936 pattern cap star.  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1936 pattern cap star.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: 1936 pattern cap star.

Nice pick up , Ade. You don't see this type very often , in fact I can't remember seeing one before with the hammer and sickle turned that way. Is this typical for the per war stars? Also, the number is intriguing . Maybe it has something to do with the soldier or his regt.?

Thanks Dean.

I reckon it was assembled by someone with a hangover!

The number has me beat. Maybe Richie might have seen this before?
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Hehe, yeah..too much state issued vodka! He was lucky the political officer wasn't watching him assemble it! "Straight to the gulag in deep Siberia!" Lol. Yeah, i wonder what Richie thinks about the number. Thanks again for sharing this, Ade.
    Dean.

The H&S has either been removed and re-installed backwards (these only can be positioned one way to have them appear "correct") by a former owner or originally from the workshop...

As far as the number on the prong, I have no idea. I own over two hundred of these and none have numbers.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Another new pick up from the War and Peace show from an Austrian dealer. He found it on a flea market back home. A nice buy at £18.

The hammer and sickle are the right way around on this one!

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1936 pattern cap star.   1936 pattern cap star.  

Hi Guys, another 1936 pattern star came my way this week.

It came in a group of British WW1 and WW2 items from one family locally. How this RKKA cap star came to be there is anyone's guess?

The lugs have been removed and a safety pin soldered in place, I suspect so it could be worn as a lapel badge? Sadly the enamel has suffered a chip.

Cheers, Ade.

Most stars in my collection came from GI vet lots. It was a popular thing to trade stuff with the Soviets for these. I recall even reading a GI diary entry about meeting up with a Soviet soldier to exchange something for his cap star.

I would think that the Tommies had similar experiences.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Another one brought home by a British Veteran.

Quote by RichieC View Post
    Most stars in my collection came from GI vet lots. It was a popular thing to trade stuff with the Soviets for these. I recall even reading a GI diary entry about meeting up with a Soviet soldier to exchange something for his cap star.
    nice story! I wonder against what the exchange have been made

I remember long time ago ... seen a pilotka bring back by an American soldier.