Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1950s Gym?

Article about: Sorry to intrude again with post-war questions: Is this woollen Gym from the 1950s/60s? what is that red at the collar?

Default 1950s Gym?

Sorry to intrude again with post-war questions:
    Is this woollen Gym from the 1950s/60s?
    what is that red at the collar?
    Attached Images Attached Images 1950s Gym? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1950s Gym?
    P
    Many

Default Re: 1950s Gym?

The red collar liner would be a "dembel" type thing.

Better close up pics of the fabric would be needed to determine a possible date.

Cheers, Ade.

Thank you Ade! I am afraid photographs are what they are, given that I have not got it, but just considering its purchase. Given the price it cannot be very precious. Here are the two more detailed pics offered by the vendor:

By Dembel do you mean the naive-art of overdressing a uniform at the time of demobilisation? If all that red is just a collar liner in red cloth, then its removal should be no problem. The "fruit salad" of ribbons seems a more permanent addition.
    Attached Images Attached Images 1950s Gym?  1950s Gym? 

?

That one is even 1970's era gimnasterka
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Does this look all right then?
    I got the M43 set from Soviet Power. It is unissued but not exactly mint as there were several points that have been repaired. I presume moths or bad storage. The repairs are not that noticeable in any case. They are more visible with the flash of the camera. A bit of cloth stitched to the trousers gave the date as 1963. I got the shoulder boards from another source and they should be 1950s. They came with shiny metal buttons but those seem a bit inconsistent with the subdued plastic ones of the tunic.
    I should add that the aim is to put together an officer in the late 1950s to late 1960s, at most early 1970s
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1950s Gym?   1950s Gym?  

Ade knows me already and he is probably familiar with my habit of playing the fool/dummy at home...
    This is what I have put together so far, given certain constraints.
    The M43 is dated 1963. The helmet 1956. Belt, map case etc. have no legible dates. The visor hat is obviously not the correct one as I would need the one with a smaller crown which I hope to find at Beltring. But...otherwise here is the best I could put together for a 1960s officer. Constructive comments please
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1950s Gym?   1950s Gym?  

Looking good Comrade!

Cheers, Ade.

Reg
    ?

Nice mirror. . . And the outfit looks fine to me. Reg

I believe that the Gunner ciphers are inappropriate to the Infantry shoulder-boards...

Also, the gold rank stars signify non-combatant status.

FYI

Cheers,
    Richie
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Quote by RichieC View Post
    I believe that the Gunner ciphers are inappropriate to the Infantry shoulder-boards... Also, the gold rank stars signify non-combatant status.
    Richie
    Thank you! So what do I need? Subdued stars and a subdued Mot. Rifles star for instance?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast