Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

43 pattern gymnasterka

Article about: Hi guys, Based on the pictures, from what period would you estimate this jacket to be from? There is no elbow reinforcement, no reinforcement around the shoulderboard buttons....but the shou

Default 43 pattern gymnasterka

Hi guys,
    Based on the pictures, from what period would you estimate this jacket to be from?
    There is no elbow reinforcement, no reinforcement around the shoulderboard buttons....but the shoulderboard loops have been factory applied and one end of each loop is sewn into the shoulder seam...
    Buttons are undated/unmarked with a black reverse and appear original to the jacket, although the shoulderboard buttons are Rochelle marked ( U.S. lend lease).
    One of the cuff linings is made from pieces of scrap material sewn together.

Any opinions appreciated,
    Thanks!
    Brett

43 pattern gymnasterka43 pattern gymnasterka

- - Updated - -

#
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 43 pattern gymnasterka   43 pattern gymnasterka  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 43 pattern gymnasterka
    P
    Many

Default Re: 43 pattern gymnasterka

Close up of the shoulderboard and Guards badge which also shows the material the gym is made from.
    The shoulderboards have several stamps/markings to the back of them and I believe they are original.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 43 pattern gymnasterka   43 pattern gymnasterka  

Any information about this jacket would be appreciated,
    Thanks!
    Brett

the guards badge is an original ww2 example from the material of the tunic i can say that it is an early postwar example. Can you post some pictures with the markings in the shoulderboards?

Hi,
    Hard to get pictures of the shoulderboard markings at this time of night, but hopefully these are okay.

Thanks,
    Brett

the absence of markings on the interior of the tunic and the material that it's made of makes it a wartime or early post war tunic, they were made from the same materials and it is hard to tell, the shoulder boards are original ww2 style but early postwar in my opinion. I hope this helps!

Gymnasterka needs to be held in hand to be 100% sure in my opinion. I still strongly lean to early postwar - early 50s make. I own a few late 1940s and early to mid 50s (marked and unmarked) examples tailored the same and of the same material.

Shoulder boards are are authentic but mid 1950s make for certain.

Anybody can add a wartime type Guards badge and Lend-Lease items were in use well into the late 1950s.

A nice thing in any case Brett. Most of my collection is postwar - up to 1958. It is great stuff.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Dom
    ?

I agree with Richie, I have also an example late 40's with the same material .

?

Original M43 BBC Gymnasterka.

43 pattern gymnasterka

43 pattern gymnasterka

43 pattern gymnasterka

43 pattern gymnasterka

Different animal compared to what we are discussing here Lars , but without a doubt, wartime. It is the same material that many pre-1943 gymnasterka and pilotka were made from...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast