Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Battle of Khalkhin Gol 1940 film documentary. Халхин-Гол

Article about: Hi Guys, I discovered this original 1940 documentary about the Battle of Khalkhin Gol on You Tube at the weekend. It has a real wealth of uniform details on show and is well worth watching,

Default Battle of Khalkhin Gol 1940 film documentary. Халхин-Гол

Hi Guys, I discovered this original 1940 documentary about the Battle of Khalkhin Gol on You Tube at the weekend. It has a real wealth of uniform details on show and is well worth watching, so grab a drink and enjoy, as it lasts about 54 mins. The time bar on show is a bit annoying but I can forgive the original poster that.

Халхин-Гол (1940) - YouTube

I liked seeing the captured Japanese loot on display, especially all the swords.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Battle of Khalkhin Gol 1940 film documentary. Халхин-Гол
    P
    Many

Cheers Ade i've just clicked "watch later", i'll chill out with a beer while watching it tonight!...

Hi Paul, it is good. The uniform detail is superb. A lot of the troops seem to have camo'ed their '36 pattern helmets with string/netting. Zhukov is of course seen in many shots. I found the film while looking for film of BT tanks, and there is some great footage of them being dug in and later emerging and crossing the river at speed.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

There are some very interesting films on youtube if you dig around a bit!...

Just watched the film Ade and as you said it was well worth watching, the PS-84/Li2 with the unusual camo was particularly interesting as was the part where the Soviets are examining the captured weapons. Thanks for the link Ade!...

Танк БТ-7/ Tank BT-7 - YouTube
    I don't know if you have seen this video about the BT 7 Ade!....

Hi Paul, yes thanks, I watched it the same night as the film on Khalkhin Gol. It is good.

I am doing a few models of these for my 15mm war games army.

Cheers, Ade.