Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Cap Star Cockardes

Article about: Hello dear members, one other, but not a 1935 model or a 1947, size : 23 mm and his big sister :

?

Quote by Dom View Post
    Thanks Denis and welcome to War Relics
    What do you think of this very strange star please

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/unifo...p-star-352512/
    n the USSR didn't make a star with the flat reverse, not to meet a similar sickle and a hammer during one period of production of stars in the USSR. In 1930е years anything similar wasn't. I think that it is post-war Germany as it is their style of execution.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cap Star Cockardes
    P
    Many

?

n the USSR didn't make a star with the flat reverse, not to meet a similar sickle and a hammer during one period of production of stars in the USSR. In 1930е years anything similar wasn't. I think that it is post-war Germany as it is their style of execution.

?

Dom, I saw your question on russiamilitaria, but didn't begin to answer as I write at forums a little, bothered. I study many years only this subject, and questions always identical and also it is necessary that - that to prove. With the western collectors it is even more difficult, as a difference of outlooks.

Dom
    ?

Denis ,

Yes I understand, thanks again for your reply

Default Soviet 1936 pattern star for service cap

What about this officers cap star? It has a diameter of 38 mm. The badge is made of brass and it consists of two parts. The badge is not enamelled but it is maroon colour painted. Is this an original cap badge or is it a reproduction?

Cap Star Cockardes

I would say this is a copy.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I myself don't believe it is a copy. I have seen (and own) painted two piece stars - but not like this one.

This could be:

A- An M36 that had its enamel damaged/removed and was painted.

B- Yet another example of postwar German made "reparation" material.

This is brass coated steel, or all brass? A simple magnet test will tell you this.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cap Star Cockardes   Cap Star Cockardes  

Cap Star Cockardes   Cap Star Cockardes  

Cap Star Cockardes  
    Attached Images Attached Images Cap Star Cockardes 
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Default maroon red cap badge

Thanks for the interesting reaction. Actually, I also thought it was a copy. In reference books I can only find enameled M36 cap badges. Painted (maroon red) M36 badges are new to me. The cap badge is not magnetic so it is completely made of brass. My cap badge looks very similar to the example on the last picture of Richie. There is more known about these maroon red painted cap badges?

All shown are German made - in the postwar years.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

These "German made" cap star badges were only worn by Soviet soldiers who were stationed in the former GDR?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast