Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Chinese/N. Korean hat help

Article about: Hi I would like to get some information about this hat. I would like to know what era and country this may have been from. thanks.

?

Default Chinese/N. Korean hat help

Hi I would like to get some information about this hat. I would like to know what era and country this may have been from.
    thanks.

Chinese/N. Korean hat helpChinese/N. Korean hat helpChinese/N. Korean hat helpChinese/N. Korean hat helpChinese/N. Korean hat helpChinese/N. Korean hat helpChinese/N. Korean hat helpChinese/N. Korean hat helpChinese/N. Korean hat helpChinese/N. Korean hat helpChinese/N. Korean hat helpChinese/N. Korean hat help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Chinese/N. Korean hat help
    P
    Many

Sorry to say I don't think this is military or even from any state organisation.

Is that star made of plastic or perhaps very light metal?

The star being stiched to the hat with thread does not make me feel good either.

Ebay and similar sites are alive with hats just like this for around £1.98 ( not even a round figure of £2)

The current ones tend to have embroiderd stars because that method has become so much cheaper and easier than producing and attaching a separate piece but that just means this one is a bit older.

I think that this is a "souvenir" aimed at foreign tourists.

As always, I stand to be corrected but I am fairly confident.

I hope you didn't pay anything for it.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Hi mark. Thanks for getting back to me. the red star is thin metal. It came along with a trade.
    Thanks for your help.

Quote by Obal7 View Post
    the red star is thin metal.
    Yep, the thin metal and attachment by thread are fairly typical. I have what pretends to be a chinese police hat (given to me by a friend so I graciously accepted it!) and the whole thing looks like it came out of a christmas cracker. The real badges tend to be aluminium and as thick as the Soviet types at least and in most cases have a screw back as well.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Thanks Mark for your help