MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Cockade for the Adrian helmet. REPRO!

Article about: Hello Gents, Annoyed from this ads?   A forum member asked me if i could find a cockade for the Adrian helmet. The large one with hammer and sickle. Originals are so rare and expensive

?

Default Cockade for the Adrian helmet. REPRO!

Hello Gents,

A forum member asked me if i could find a cockade for the Adrian helmet. The large one with hammer and sickle. Originals are so rare and expensive i will consider them impossible to find. Some of you might remember that in the 90's some reproductions surfaced and disappeared suddenly. The reproductions are also very hard to find! However i managed to find the last 3 here in Moscow. They were made in St. Petersburg and sold out of Moscow back then. For some reason the production was discontinued.

Finally i got in contact with one of the persons producing these cockades. He have an original that these repro's was copied from. He said he will never sell the original. I will show the only 2 pics i have of them at the moment. They are made from an I Phone and sent to me today. The quality is not that good. The colour of the red enamel is cheating a bit. I will get the cockades next weekend and take better pics. The rarity of these IMO opinion make them collectible in some way.

Regards, Lars

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cockade for the Adrian helmet. REPRO!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Cockade for the Adrian helmet. REPRO!

I look forward to seeing the enhanced images Lars. Thanks!

Recently, I witnessed an Adrian helmet sell at auction for over 600.00 USD - with one of these reproduction stars. Sellers description was honest, but vague at the same time. Caveat emptor...

I was enchanted by the sentimentality that brought me back ten years - give or take - when such marriages were selling at silly prices to the "new" Western collectors of Soviet militaria.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

?

There is an Adrian for sale here in Moscow at the moment for around 2700$. Guys here say it's probably part repro because of the "low" price. The helmets are very rare as you know

I look forward to show the pics next weekend. I took real hard field work to find these. Had to shake a lot of people. These reproductions are surely collectibles IMHO.

Regards, Lars

?

Default Adrian Cockades

Today i picked up some cockades for the Adrian helmet. They are reproductions of course but almost as rare as the real deal. Not cheap either. One is sold off to another forum member.

If this post is not correctly places then please move it.

Default Re: Adrian Cockades

Thanks for posting your acquisitions Lars. They are an invaluable reference...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

?

I hope you are not joking At least they will be helpful in spotting reproductions.

Regards, Lars