Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Estonian Armored crew jacket, re-issued by RKKA

Article about: A very interesting example of Estonian armored personnel leather jacket, one of ever seen by me and by other collectors of Estonian army. Due of no more than 400 pieces produced. This nice e

?

Default Estonian Armored crew jacket, re-issued by RKKA

A very interesting example of Estonian armored personnel leather jacket, one of ever seen by me and by other collectors of Estonian army. Due of no more than 400 pieces produced. This nice example survived the war, and was found in the old attic as civil leather jacket. The collar was upcovered with a piece of green material and the buttons also, when I remove it, I found thatthe collar has traces from RKKA collartabs. Nice example. Just a historical fact that all of the Estonian armor was re-issued by RKKA and were destroyed in the first days of the war
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Estonian Armored crew jacket, re-issued by RKKA   Estonian Armored crew jacket, re-issued by RKKA  

Estonian Armored crew jacket, re-issued by RKKA   Estonian Armored crew jacket, re-issued by RKKA  

Estonian Armored crew jacket, re-issued by RKKA   Estonian Armored crew jacket, re-issued by RKKA  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Estonian Armored crew jacket, re-issued by RKKA
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Estonian Armored crew jacket, re-issued by RKKA

I believe it is not an armoured crew jacket but rather a jacket for an estonian airforce pilot or technician (which makes it even more rare I guess).

Here is a photo of the soldiers of 10th Infantry Battallion and a pilot/technician who is wearing the exact same leatherjacket.

http://wabariik.wehrmacht.pri.ee/8/1/338.JPG

?

Default Re: Estonian Armored crew jacket, re-issued by RKKA

Looks like flyers used too the same kind of jackets, but I'am sure that this kind of jackets was used by armored vehicles and tanks crew.
    That is probably due of small army- to wear the same type of special uniforms in air forces and for armored crew personnel
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics