Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Finns In The Red Army - M36 Edited for Red Army Use?

Article about: by Mehti Safarov Super, never seen it. Respective order signeb by Leo Trotsky. A nice award indeed! I wonder how many are in private collections.

Default Finns In The Red Army

This thread was hard to place in the right section, so I'm sorry if it's in the wrong place.

I stumbled upon photos of rather peculiar looking uniforms, on a Karelian news site. They look like M/36 uniforms and the article spoke of Finns who fought for the Red Army, during the Winter War. What do you guys think, is this a Finnish M/36 re-tailored?

Finns In The Red Army - M36 Edited for Red Army Use? Finns In The Red Army - M36 Edited for Red Army Use?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Finns In The Red Army - M36 Edited for Red Army Use?
    P
    Many

Ah, the uniforms in the photos are Polish. The Finnish Peoples Army got most if it's supplies from Poland, when the Soviet Union occupied it.

Another photo, that I found of Finns in the Red Army.
    Attached Images Attached Images Finns In The Red Army - M36 Edited for Red Army Use? 

Here are more close up shots of the Finnish RKKA uniform, that I found from a Russian forum.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finns In The Red Army - M36 Edited for Red Army Use?   Finns In The Red Army - M36 Edited for Red Army Use?  

Attached Images Attached Images Finns In The Red Army - M36 Edited for Red Army Use?  Finns In The Red Army - M36 Edited for Red Army Use? 

Never even heard of this before! Most interesting stuff. Thanks.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you! I will keep updating further info here.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Never even heard of this before! Most interesting stuff. Thanks.

Cheers, Ade.
    That makes two of us Ade!.....

See here: FOREIGNERS
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Quote by RichieC View Post
    See here: FOREIGNERS
    Hey Richie,

Thanks for the link. For some reason russiamilitaria.ru wont let me in . I ordered a new password to my email and I tried to log in, but it keeps saying that I need to register.

EDIT: Never mind, I got it working .
    Last edited by Aleksander P; 02-04-2014 at 04:00 AM.

Hi Aleksander in the photo of the two guys together both look to be wearing Finnish m36 tunics as for the first tunic not sure how in started life

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast