Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

fur coat ww2?

Article about: Hello, I have found this fur coat with diffrent soviet clothes. Do you think it is a garment of the Second World War? Postwar? Thank you for your opinions. jean-sebastien

?

Default Re: fur coat ww2?

Thanks Adrian! Nice pics. The two fellows on the Aerosan are wearing valenoks. Interesting to see that bekesha's differ in details. Some have wider collars then others. And sometimes darkbrown or dark grey fur is used for the coat lining.

Please show your pics of tankcrews wearing bekeshas. It would not have been that uncommon but generally speaking tankcrew wore other stuff to keep them warm (when inside their vehicle that is).

Since I spent almost two years of my life living inside a Leopard A2 I know a little about the subject. We always wore overalls (fur lined in winter). Partly also for safety reasons overalls have loops that enables crewmembers to be pulled out in case of an emergency. And I can tell you a leopard turret is relatively spacious compared with the rather cramped conditions inside a T-34 or KV-1.

Generally speaking a coat like the bekesha just prevents you from moving around inside.

Since you are the administrator can I ask you how I can attach pics from my own PC (documents)?

Regards
    Last edited by rayban; 03-31-2012 at 03:02 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Hi Rayban, take a look in the Tech forum for pic posting advice. It is fairly easy to do.

I will have to go through my books for the pics of the T34 crew. I have it somewhere.....

I play in T34's quite a bit.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Dom
    ?

Tankcrews
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tank.jpg 
Views:	2179 
Size:	146.1 KB 
ID:	326358  

Thanks Dom, that is one that I was thinking of. I know I have others.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Can someone tell me what the difference is between a Shuba and a Bekesha? i could not find optical differences.

And........ can someone shed a light on fake Soviet army uniforms/equipment? Not nessecarily the Bekesha for they are still made and there are plenty of them around but a more general reflection.

I notice for example that some ebays sellers from the east sell repro uniforms (mostely WW 2) and actually tell you that what you buy is a reproduction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12