Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German cap star?

Article about: I have recently procured this. It appears to be exactly like - or very similar to Dom's, except for the patina. Note that the attaching prongs are off-centered also. It was a bit soiled upon

Dom
    ?

Default German cap star?

Comrade,

a star, this is not a Soviet-made, but:

German KPD ( design seems old ) or German postwar reparation ??

Thanks for your reply

German cap star?German cap star?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German cap star?
    P
    Many

Dom,

I have seen this design before - except all have been modern made with clutchback pins.

This one definitely appears to have age. Perhaps the above were modeled after it.

IMO, if it is indeed authentic, I would go with the German made hypothesis.

PS - Note the position of the hammer & sickle in relation to the star's arms.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Dom
    ?

Richie,

Here are two Other Photos, so manifestly the star is old

German cap star?German cap star?

A very similar example on the partner forum ; WW2 item

I agree, as I stated previously - it has age.

Of course, I will do research when I get the opportunity.

I came across this (fake) example on eBay. I knew I had seen these before:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German cap star?   German cap star?  

What was the fake being touted as Richie?
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

It is posted in the: Collectibles > Militaria > WW II (1939-45) > Original Period Items > Russia > Medals, Pins & Ribbons category as "VINTAGE".

I know this (Russian) seller and he is OK. However, I am surprised he states it is "vintage"... He sometimes has his wife or daughter do his listings for him, so I would think that is the issue.

Soviet Army Cap Badge Star Vintage | eBay

Dom
    ?

Thanks Richie,

I saw a similar example the manufacture is significantly different, nobody seems able to give the origin of this star

?

This star is indeed very interesting.

As Dom and Richie already pointed out it definitely has age; but odentifying its origins is proving quite difficult for me.

The position of the hammer and sickle (as Richie already said) is quite particular and also the inclination of the star's rays is an element to be considered. Moreover, the shape of the hammer and sickle itself is quite particular indeed.

I am pretty sure this is not a pre-war KPD star. I am familiar with nearly all models and all are painted stars. I have honestly never come across a pre-war KPD star of such quality.

There are discussions about post-war KPD stars. I have seen some stars modelled on pre-war models, with enamel. However, I never managed to have one in my hands and examine it. This one however just never showed up anywhere before.

I am also a bit troubled with trying to imagine this a Soviet-made star - so many differences with standard models. Moreover I never saw before such star on sale (Dom posted me a link and that's the first one I see), not in the west nor in Russia.

What about the German reparation possibility?

Dom
    ?

Quote by RichieC View Post
    It is posted in the: Collectibles > Militaria > WW II (1939-45) > Original Period Items > Russia > Medals, Pins & Ribbons category as "VINTAGE".

I know this (Russian) seller and he is OK. However, I am surprised he states it is "vintage"... He sometimes has his wife or daughter do his listings for him, so I would think that is the issue.

Soviet Army Cap Badge Star Vintage | eBay
    I asked this question to the seller "Do you have any information about this star, Lend lease , German reparation , Soviet made ?? "

Reply :

"No,I do not know, I just see that shape of the star is like early 1930s "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast