MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ID Soviet Navy Cap tallies

Article about: Hi, Among my Naval Tally collection, I have a few Soviet tallies and have no idea what they say. Can anyone of our members ID the tallies in the attached photo please??? With than ks, regard

Default ID Soviet Navy Cap tallies

Hi, Among my Naval Tally collection, I have a few Soviet tallies and have no idea what they say. Can anyone of our members ID the tallies in the attached photo please???
    With than ks, regards and best wishes Michael RyanID Soviet Navy Cap tallies

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ID Soviet Navy Cap tallies
    P
    Many

Default Re: ID Soviet Navy Cap tallies

Hi
    VVMEU EM DZERZHINSKY
    BLACK SEA FLEET
    PACIFIC FLEET
    NAVY
    NAKHIMOV SCHOOL
    VVMU EM FRUNZE
    BALTIC FLEET
    Cheers

Hi salothsar, Thank you very much for your information. It is of great interest and very much appreciated. May I ask a couple of questions please?
    1. Bands 1 and 6. Are these ship's names or titles etc.? And, if so do you have any idea what they are please?
    2. Band 4. Is this a literal translation and if not, can you give me a translation please.
    With thanks, regards and very best wishes Michael Ryan UK

Hi again salothsar, I have just located a further three bands which I hope that you can and will identify for me please. Sorry for being a pain.
    Cheers Michael R

Hi Again
    1 is the Dzerzhinsky Higher Naval Academy....6 is the Frunze Naval Academy (both in St.Petersburg, Frunze is a basic Naval school, whereas Dzerzhinsky is a higher naval academy for technical specialties such as Medicine, engineering etc)
    Band 4 (I transposed them) my bad..is Nakhimov Naval School again in St.Petersburg (although Nakhimov Schools existed in Riga, Tblisi and Odessa during Soviet times it was a secondary school for teens contemplating a naval career)....5 is simply "Navy" a general cap tally for those not permanently assigned sort of like the British tally that is simply "HMS" or the American tally "US NAVY".

Hi Yet Again
    MILITARY MEDICAL ACADEMY
    HIGHEST MILITARY ENGINEERING SCHOOL
    HIGHEST MILITARY POLITICAL SCHOOL (for training Political Commissars every ship and naval base had at least one)
    Cheers

RE: previous...
    To be precise
    HIGHEST NAVAL ENGINEERING SCHOOL and HIGHEST NAVAL POLITICAL SCHOOL (I didn't notice the MOR. first time around.)

Sir, You are a star, thank you very much once again. I have transcribed all of your infiormation onto the board bearing the bands for future reference.

Thank you once again Michael R

Hi Salothsar, I hope that you do not mind me contacting you again but you are my only contact on Russian language. You Kindly translated the three tallies for me yesterday but I had a sudden thought, you advised me of what they were ie schools but I was wondering if they also translated as school names ergo Dzerzhinsky etc?? The second question I would like to ask is would you please translate the tally in the attched photo? I hope that I am not being a pain???
    Thank you once again for your invaluable assistance. Regards and best wishes Michael R

Greeting
    This tally is for the POPOV HIGHER NAVAL RADIO-ELECTRONICS SCHOOL which is located in Petrodvorets. As for the 3 tallys you are right the Higher Naval Engineering School was named Dzerzhinsky but the Supreme Naval Engineering School was the official title of the V.I.Akulov Academy (located in Petersburg) which is the tally you have, the Supreme Naval Political School was simply called that (it too is located in Petersburg) the Supreme Naval Medical Academy was called just that but it was affiliated with the First Leningrad Medical Institute which had a large Naval Staff.
    Best

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast