Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Identifying a telogreika jacket

Article about: Gentlemen, Since my childhood, the image of the soviet soldier of the Great Patriotic War included the telogreika padded jacket. For me it is an iconic part of his uniform, and it has ever s

Dom
    ?

Default Re: Identifying a telogreika jacket

Hello ,
    an opinion on this Telogreika, pre war, war time, or postwar ??
    The exterior color is gray, the interior is white / broke , buttons unmarked on the back side . There is a 3 buffers down inside the jacket .
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identifying a telogreika jacket   Identifying a telogreika jacket  

Identifying a telogreika jacket   Identifying a telogreika jacket  

Identifying a telogreika jacket   Identifying a telogreika jacket  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Identifying a telogreika jacket
    P
    Many

Interesting specimen Dom... Internal pocket, but no back belt. Can you look deep in the seams and see if it was originally black? Dimas' observation regarding the internal pockets is valid, so it could lean toward pre or post war. However, I feel the issue of the pocket more likely a factory variation. That is certain war factories who made the no pocket version simply made more telogrieka than the other factories. That pocket is small and leaving it out during wartime for economy doesn't make much sense to me. It is not a significant economy of time or material as it can't represent more than a five second stitch job of a piece cut from floor scraps. If it is postwar, it ispossibly not a military version but civilian type which was also issued to German POW. Regardless, I like the looks of it and if the price was good I would consider it. Especially since it is without any internal markings.

Dom
    ?

Hello Mike,
    I asked for the color because I was offered this Telogreika.
    The general appearance pleases me well, the fabric is old

Dom
    ?

The pocket is present on the soldiers' jacket ( we see the sewing on the first two soldiers )
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identifying a telogreika jacket  
    Attached Images Attached Images Identifying a telogreika jacket 

Dom
    ?

On the other document the belt loops are in the same place
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identifying a telogreika jacket   Identifying a telogreika jacket  

Could it be Gulag issue?

Boridin

Quote by Dante17 View Post
    How binding were these official pattern- Is anything know of production tolerance due to different producer?
    dante
    Back to the telo discussed just prior to this grey one. It is my opinion that these official patterns were probably not very binding after June 1941. Too much variation is other Soviet articles to believe that... my opinion of course. Regardless, the provided official pattern is a fabulous bit of archive information. Thanks Vvadim . That said, and given the level of fading of the entire jacket, the inside and outside very well could have started the same or similar color and faded to different amounts.

Given the variations seen in such clothing, I can believe that there are probably examples of wartime telogreika that have similar color inside and out, but would agrees that most (almost all) do not. Every mass produced, postwar telogreika I have ever seen was olive green on the outside and a similar shade on the inside. That statement is specific for 60's, 70's and 80's produced material because that is what I have seen mostly. When I was with Ostfront, I handled many of these because we sold to reenactors. I wish I had paid more attention to the issue of the inside pocket, but I did not.

For the reason of colors alone I would probably pass on it. You are better off to chase one that is a different color on the inside instead of finding the wartime one that might exist that is khaki/green on the inside.

The sleeve verses body interior material make up is secondary in my opinion. Based on the documents provided by Vvadim, flannel sleeve liners would be a welcome sight, but not pass/fail evidence of wartime made. Pass, but not fail.

Dom
    ?

Of the various documents presented, no one has noticed that there is no martingale (sorry I do not know how they say in English) i mean the small ring behind the jacket.
    The documents from August 1941 (attached) and 1944 that Vadim gave the jacket is tight with a leather belt often.
    I could not find a photograph of time with the integrated rear belt to the jacket.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identifying a telogreika jacket  

Dom,

Yes, that is clear in the documentation and a valid observation. Unfortunately it is a hard thing to find in a wartime photo because an equipment belt is always worn anyway. I remember the integrated belt being discussed in a prior thread about the telogreika with collars. I do not remember us arriving at any solid conclusions though. I have a very early postwar Telogreika in my collection, but do not remember off hand if it has a belt or not. i will look tonight out of curiosity.

Dom
    ?

Mike
    I am surprised that we Telogreika shows with a belt at the rear while the documents 41 and 44 show clearly that it does there is no.

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast