Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast

Identifying a telogreika jacket

Article about: Gentlemen, Since my childhood, the image of the soviet soldier of the Great Patriotic War included the telogreika padded jacket. For me it is an iconic part of his uniform, and it has ever s

Default Re: Identifying a telogreika jacket

And one more... The latest one yet, 1955. All three gentlemen were telogreika. Two appear to be of short length with no collar, the other is long cut with collar. There may be more in the Bundesarchiv online resource, but I am getting crossed eyes from looking.

Also of note when looking back over all the posted pictures is that Soviet trousers, overcoat, and ushanka are also represented
    Attached Images Attached Images Identifying a telogreika jacket 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Identifying a telogreika jacket
    P
    Many

A few more good ones from various archives.

First, a pair from the Liepzig Bahnhoff in 1950.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identifying a telogreika jacket   Identifying a telogreika jacket  

This one is probably my favorite. Not sure of the location, but we see five telogrieka in this single photo. Looks like possibly a Soviet white enamel cup as well?

Identifying a telogreika jacket

Nice one of a Gebirgsjaeger finally returning home.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identifying a telogreika jacket  

Vatnik with collar on display in the Berlin Karlshorst Museum. Sadly, I only took the one pic.

(There was a Ushanka on display there too which was German POW anotated.)

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identifying a telogreika jacket  

Ade,

That may be the one I was remembering. Here are a few more and I should be exhausted of images related to returning German POW. Another repeating theme in these photos are what appear to be a standard size ply-wood suit-case. Something else to go looking for in my militaria hunt and a separate topic indeed.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identifying a telogreika jacket   Identifying a telogreika jacket  

Attached Images Attached Images Identifying a telogreika jacket  Identifying a telogreika jacket 

Hi Mike, I was looking at those suitcases too!

A friend of mine had for sale a black vatnik along with cap which some kind of POW provenance. But I did not get the pics from him before he was deployed to Afganistan. When he is back, I will persue the deal.

Cheers, Ade.

I would not hold out much hope of ever finding one of those suitcases, although one never knows.

Boridin

Dom
    ?

Dimas ,
    yes it is quite correct Narkomat become ministries in 1946.
    Can we infer that these items were manufactured for the army before the formal adoption (August 41) ??

Dom
    ?

Quote by Philippe View Post
    Hi,
    to meet Dom. Even with the help of a good digital camera and even with the pants under the eyes, this set of figures is illegible ....... but you have the right to interpret it as you want, I I used ...
    And I can invite you again to my house, if you wish to see these pants on your own.
    Regards.
    Philippe
    Hi Philippe ,
    with pleasure when I had the opportunity but it will have lots and lots of time to discuss

Dom
    ?

Some additional pictures of the post 91 , the original color is gray

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast