Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Identifying a telogreika jacket

Article about: Gentlemen, Since my childhood, the image of the soviet soldier of the Great Patriotic War included the telogreika padded jacket. For me it is an iconic part of his uniform, and it has ever s

Default Re: Identifying a telogreika jacket

Ruslan,

Yes stamps are not always applied. My point to Gus was that no stamps is more likely on a wartime example than post war. Most all postwar have some type of markings internal.

Very nice construction regulation document, thank you for sharing this with us. However, it can be demonstrated taht many wartime telogrieka do not have then internal chest pocket despite this document. I have never seen a postwar example without one however.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Identifying a telogreika jacket
    P
    Many

Yes it agree with you completely!! For this jacket I will tell on originality 50/50!!!!

I might say better than 50/50, but I understand you completely. For Gus and in the western markets if it has no stamps and it is of wartime construction, then it is effectively wartime from a collecting point of view.

And it gets even harder... The tank crew in this fabulous photo all seemed to be wearing the early version of the telogreika with attached collar. Nice enough... However there is one bothersome detail in this photo. Anyone see what it is?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identifying a telogreika jacket  

Quote by Wesley's Dad View Post
    And it gets even harder... The tank crew in this fabulous photo all seemed to be wearing the early version of the telogreika with attached collar. Nice enough... However there is one bothersome detail in this photo. Anyone see what it is?
    Michael,

Thanks for the photo, very nice!

The only thing I see odd is that the sleeves of the tanker in the foregroud are not padded, like the rest of his jacket.

If so, it comes to show that there were so many variations that you cannot set a rule for identification, as someone will always show you an exception.

Regards,

Gus

Quote by SSRuslan View Post
    Stamps were put not always!!! But the pocket internal should be!!! Internal colour
    the good!!!

Here a photo of original trousers....... Stamps....

How many costs?
    SSRuslan,

Nice photos and reference material. Thanks for sharing them with us!!

Regards,

Gus

Gus,

Good observartion, but that is not what I had in mind...

I'll drop a hint... this bothersome detail is not in the telogreika

Quote by Wesley's Dad View Post
    I'll drop a hint... this bothersome detail is not in the telogreika
    Michael,

Maybe it has to do with the helmets they are wearing, but I am not as knowledgeable with them as to see anything abnormal.

So, after careful observation, I cannot find anything bothersome in the photo, except that maybe the tanker of the left is a woman. Then, I would say it is more than bothersome, disturbing...

Regards,

Gus

Quote by guscanoesp View Post
    except that maybe the tanker of the left is a woman. Then, I would say it is more than bothersome, disturbing...

Actually you did guess correctly. All wartime tank helmets have three "horns" on top... but, not all three "horn" helmets are wartime. At least three of these crewmen were the first postwar modification to the tank helmet. The round patch of material over the ear pieces is the detail. This photo is circa 1950-1955. So what does that mean for the attached collar telogrieka??? More confusion.

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast