Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Info and help on this M43 Gymnasterka

Article about: Hi, I recently picked up this, what I believe is a WW2 Lend-Lease M43 Gymnasterka. The shoulder boards were stuffed in a pocket and were said to belong to the tunic. I believe that the board

?

Default Info and help on this M43 Gymnasterka

Hi,
    I recently picked up this, what I believe is a WW2 Lend-Lease M43 Gymnasterka. The shoulder boards were stuffed in a pocket and were said to belong to the tunic. I believe that the boards are Air force..Pilots, Lieutenant ? There are no stamps, dates or other identifying marks, that I know...other than the written numbers on the underside of a pocket. There is also, what seems to be some cursive writing on the inside of the front hem of the Tunic.... could it be a name, a unit...or any other identifying writing? I know little about Gymnasterkas and would hopefully get some input and thoughts about this piece.
    (FYI.. It's very interesting to see the plastic buttons with the star and hammer and sickle. During WW2, my mother worked in a pants/button factory in Pennsylvania and brought home a bunch of these).
    Thanks!

Info and help on this M43 GymnasterkaInfo and help on this M43 GymnasterkaInfo and help on this M43 GymnasterkaInfo and help on this M43 GymnasterkaInfo and help on this M43 GymnasterkaInfo and help on this M43 GymnasterkaInfo and help on this M43 GymnasterkaInfo and help on this M43 GymnasterkaInfo and help on this M43 GymnasterkaInfo and help on this M43 GymnasterkaInfo and help on this M43 GymnasterkaInfo and help on this M43 GymnasterkaInfo and help on this M43 GymnasterkaInfo and help on this M43 GymnasterkaInfo and help on this M43 GymnasterkaInfo and help on this M43 GymnasterkaInfo and help on this M43 GymnasterkaInfo and help on this M43 Gymnasterka

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Info and help on this M43 Gymnasterka
    P
    Many

I like it.

The plastic US made Lend Lease buttons are very collectable.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks Ade! It's a shame, when I was a boy in the late 50's early 60's... there were bunches of these plastic buttons laying around the house..
    Again thanks for your input...and your PM..

Interesting as the red center stripes on the shoulder-boards have been over-sewn with azure ones. Sort of like, but unlike the regulation change in 1956 where the center stripes were the branch colour and the outer piping was omitted... The rank stars are post 1954 so perhaps this is a field done transition to suffice until the new stocks arrived.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

?

Thanks RichieC, What do you thing the numbers on the inside of the pocket mean? And the meaning of the writing on the inside hem of the tunic?