Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Lend-Lease Gymnastiorka

Article about: I picked up some Soviet uniforms and was wondering how to determine if they are WWII or after. Bob Hritz

Default Lend-Lease Gymnastiorka

I picked up some Soviet uniforms and was wondering how to determine if they are WWII or after.

Bob HritzLend-Lease GymnastiorkaLend-Lease GymnastiorkaLend-Lease Gymnastiorka

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lend-Lease Gymnastiorka
    P
    Many

Default Re: Lend-Lease Gymnastiorka

Lend-Lease GymnastiorkaLend-Lease GymnastiorkaLend-Lease GymnastiorkaThis one is made from US officer grade material. The shoulder boards are a wicker type back and very cheaply made.

Bob Hritz

The shoulderboards on the first gym you showed seem to be of Lend-Lease material also.

I have seen similar variations of the second type and if I recall correctly, they were attributed to being German made - not by a reference book or website, but by a collector in Russia.

As far as the "vintage" of the gyms are concerned; IMO this Lend-Lease material was used during and well after the war as there was so much of it sent over to begin with...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

I do not have any pictures of it, but I have seen pictures of Gymnastiorka, and sharovari made from U.S. HBT fabric. One was made in the U.S., and had the plate style buttons, the other was made in the SU from the U.S. fabric, and had regular subdued Soviet buttons.

Wish I had the pictures, you would really enjoy seeing them.

Boridin

?

The first one is a lend-lease material made , but the second one is a postwar made of a soviet material, which is very close to the US material, but a Soviet. This kind of material seen on the war time examples, but mostly it's a early postwar. The straps are DDR made, and has all the materials used on it from a TR era.Felt as usually used on the German insignia, and buckram- without the bone glue, which is usually added on the buckrams being used on the German insignia
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics