Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M 43-gymnasterka-

Article about: Hello everyone, a friend recently bought this Gymnasterka M-1943 The buttons are reminiscent of a manufacturing Lend lease. What do you think? (I publish the pictures with his permission)

Dom
    ?

Default Re: M 43-gymnasterka-

Hello Richie,
    thank you for the precision
    I think this gymnastorka from a former Red Army warehouses.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M 43-gymnasterka-
    P
    Many

I believe that you are correct Dom. Vintage cloth items such as Gymnasterka, Shavaroni, and shoulderboards still, to this day surface from these old warehouses.

In the Russian collecting circles in Moscow and St Petersburg, these unissued Lend Lease items hold little value compared to their Russian made counterparts.

Myself, I feel that such, and German made "reparation" items are quite interesting - and I stock many in my collection.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

collector1
    ?

Quote by Dom View Post
    Hello everyone,
    a friend recently bought this Gymnasterka M-1943 The buttons are reminiscent of a manufacturing Lend lease. What do you think?
    (I publish the pictures with his permission)
    Hello,
    I just bought a VERY simmilar one in Kiev this summer.

construction is very much like this one, only that it lacks the straps or attachements (probably they were superimposed). The only difference is that mine wears the correct period soviet buttons (gold, unmarked and with the "ticking" back ring).
    I consider it a WW2 US manufacture lend-lease item (just compare it with a war period Ike jacket).
    Mine is unmarked and also with two pockets and no piping on the cuffs. Because of the overal quality I wonder if it was destined for the rank and file or was an officer's item.

Regards

Many were issued without loops and reinforced holes for shoulder-boards. Either the men made their own loops from scraps of fabric or string/braided thread and punched their own holes, or, used the "sew-in" type of shoulder-boards. However, IMO, the latter was most often used on shinel coats.

Please, show yours because I am curious about it's comparison to a US Ike jacket, as I believe the "mustard" fabric used was the usual for US shirts, and brown wool gabardine for the US Ike jacket.

Also, IMO, of course, khaki celluloid buttons - US Lend-Lease made - as well as were usual on late war and many postwar gymnasterka, no matter what fabric the piece was constructed of.

BTW, many sellers, not only in Ukraine, but worldwide, affix surplus unmarked buttons on a 50X thru 60X made gymnasterka, automatically creating a "genuine WWII" item that is offered to potential buyers shopping the markets in Moscow, St Pete, Kiev, Simferopol, Sevastopol, etc, etc, and of course, eBay.

In other words, nevermind the buttons.

Kindly forgive me if I give the impression of an overzealous belligerent, but again, I am simply curious...

?

Also I would say that gimnasterka jackets was not made in USA, States supply the USSR only with cloth.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Kram78
    ?

This is not war, is the 60-ies, sorry my english is bad
    that gimnasterka for officers,
    fabric on the Soldiers gimnasterkas the other

?

Kram, - material sto procentov "na voinu",
    Kram, the material is a 100% war time
    Regards,
    Dimas

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Kram, - material sto procentov "na voinu",
    Kram, the material is a 100% war time
    Absolutely wartime made fabric...

Still, I think there was such a large amount sent from USA that it was still being used to fabricate clothing well into 1950X years - along with the celluloid and the brass buttons.

?

Richie, as I wrote before, the same type of material used on the early Soviet budionovkas M 21, and I have the overcoat and pre var M 35 gimnasterka from the same material, and to me that looks like that is made of first surge of supply in 1918-19 years by Antanta.
    Most part approx 90% of the items made of that kind of material I would date as a war time items. Some examples of M 43 everyday tunics was seen postwar made ( that is IMO they are postwar)
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

In the case of Kram 78 opinion, he most probably think that this cloth is a 1960-80's made " ПШ " cloth, similar which was used on the enlisted man everyday tunic's in the nearest past
    Regards,
    Dimas

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2