Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

M35/41 Gym Pocket construction

Article about: I have been offered a M41 Gym in olive wool with tabs made from the same basic uniform material while at the Show of Shows. I hope to get permission to photograph it tomorrow at the show. Th

Default M35/41 Gym Pocket construction

I have been offered a M41 Gym in olive wool with tabs made from the same basic uniform material while at the Show of Shows. I hope to get permission to photograph it tomorrow at the show. The thing is pretty convincing with the wear to the nap in all the right places etc. I would have taken a chance on it, but some the construction details just make me a bit hesitant.

In particular, I was wondering if anyone had seen a wool gym. with the pockets sewn on with and "X" pattern stitch instead of a typical linear stitch.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35/41 Gym Pocket construction
    P
    Many

Talking Re: M35/41 Gym Pocket construction

Mike,

The tabs being the same material as the gym certainly seems interesting. The pocket stitching also.

I believe that there were a lot of private purchase and "small sewing shop" examples out there at the time, so perhaps this could be one of them. I believe that Dimas once told me that some guys were very practical, and had their wives or other family members with sewing skills make up clothing for them.

Right Dim?

I suppose the images will be of great help, and your trust of the seller also. If this has arrived "fresh from Ukraine or Russia", then you know as well as I - Well, you know...

Good luck Mike.

Richie
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

?

Default Re: M35/41 Gym Pocket construction

Usually I've never seen the factory made wool gimnasterkas with originally stitched same cloth tabs, but the enlisted cotton is mostly made with the same cloth collartabs
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Usually I've never seen the factory made wool gimnasterkas with originally stitched same cloth tabs, but the enlisted cotton is mostly made with the same cloth collartabs
    No photos, sorry. I chose to avoid this gym for now. I suspect I will see it again in June at the next show. It was one of these deals. "A friend bought it is Russia while their doing translation work." The owner knew nothing about it other that it was "Russian".

?

That is the nice story: a lot of " friends" makes translations in Russia, and each other "Russian" has a gimnasterka at the home
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Dimas View Post
    That is the nice story: a lot of " friends" makes translations in Russia, and each other "Russian" has a gimnasterka at the home
    I agree... I wish I could sell stories at the militaria show This gimnasterka had been put together for sure as it had post war buttons on the pockets and sleeves. However, the buttons behind the front closure were the proper black composite buttons seen on many of these shirts. I think the seller got a little frustrated with me. I examined it carefully several times during the show and never made an offer.