Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

maybe wartime telogreika? first posting to forum

Article about: whats your thought on this telogreika, post war?

Default maybe wartime telogreika? first posting to forum

whats your thought on this telogreika, post war? maybe wartime telogreika? first posting to forummaybe wartime telogreika? first posting to forummaybe wartime telogreika? first posting to forummaybe wartime telogreika? first posting to forummaybe wartime telogreika? first posting to forummaybe wartime telogreika? first posting to forummaybe wartime telogreika? first posting to forummaybe wartime telogreika? first posting to forummaybe wartime telogreika? first posting to forummaybe wartime telogreika? first posting to forummaybe wartime telogreika? first posting to forum

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement maybe wartime telogreika? first posting to forum
    P
    Many

anyone have a idea?

Hello Colin,

I do not know if I would be of much help as I alo have my own quyestion on a very similar one than yours.

That said, you can also found many very usefull information in the below ybe worthwilde adding to this thread to ensure the most knowledgeable contributor helps

Identifying a telogreika jacket

Construction looks old and obviouly the internal Pocket was an add on

Bruno

Quote by collin102353 View Post
    anyone have a idea?
    Collin,

Welcome to the forum.

Please keep in mind that it is entirely normal not to receive replies within a two to three hour period. OK? It may take a day or even days.

There are not many Soviet collectors in the world like there are Third Reich and Allied collectors, and we certainly do not sit at our computers waiting for new posts.

Bruno's suggestion was a good one by the way. I believe you will get an answer soon enough in any case.

Cheers,
    Richie
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Thank you guys for the response. I didn't mean to rush questions..it was just a timely matter of buying it. I will follow that link.

Collin,

Not thinking you missed much if you did not secure this auction win. This hard worn vatnik is nearly rags. Your question regarding the wartime nature of this piece (or not) is a question we have all asked about many telogrieka here before. A simple thing to ask, but much more hard to answer. An answer, I am afraid, lies much more in the realm of "gut instincts" and not absolutes. The wartime jackets conformed to more than one standard of pattern. Much of this is discussed in the larger "Telogrieka" thread that you were referenced to. In fact, I placed a new specimen in that forum just yesterday.

This telogrieka you ask about is like many that pop up on German ebay throughout the months. That is most are either black, blue, or dark grey in their new condition... and often faded and bleached out like the one you present. Others look almost brand new.

You will find cordial disagreement on this forum regarding the origins or purpose of such jackets. Primarily between myself and Dimas. Speaking for myself, I believe that the larger majority of these jackets were prison garb that was worn home by German POWs in the 1950s and I have presented numerous BundesArchiv photos in the referenced thread to support this.

Not too speak too much for Dimas, but he would contend that many of these are in Germany as result of millions of Soviet POWs in Germany. I have warmed up to the fact that this might possibly be true to some degree, partly because Dimas has produced at least one prewar dated jacket in black color. Many of the tattered examples thay come to market are of this short, no collar style, while many of the new looking ones (and most in the BundesArchiv photos) are longer cut with collar. Possibly we are both correct. That does not answer your initial question though.

All I can say is that when you are dealing with these type jackets that are sourced in Germany, you will not get a solid consensus as to the absolute vintage. Luckily, most that fall into this category can be had much more inexpensively on German eBay versus a khaki type that has more consensus to be wartime, or is even dated/marked wartime. In that sense, If you like the look of one for your display, it will not represent a large financial risk. Particularly if you can accept the fact that you may never know for sure if it is wartime or not.

Michael, thank you so much for your answere. THat pretty much says it all. It was actually on a german ebay and it would of looked good on a display iv bin working on. I was thinking it was post war, maybe prisoner worn home. I did not buy it. It probally made me sneeze a lot. It wrnt for thirty bucks...

Thank you again Michael for your time..well said