Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Mint 1940. dated Gymnasterka ...

Article about: Can't remember if I've showed it in the forum but I doubt I have. Here is a mint condition, 1940. dated Gymnasterka which was found near a place in North-Estonia where Red Army had it's base

?

Default Mint 1940. dated Gymnasterka ...

Can't remember if I've showed it in the forum but I doubt I have.
    Here is a mint condition, 1940. dated Gymnasterka which was found near a place in North-Estonia where Red Army had it's base and warehouses in 1939 - 1941. The farmer must have taken it from abandoned warehouse where soldiers had left. It is unissued and the only flaw is that most of the buttons are rusted.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mint 1940. dated Gymnasterka ...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mint 1940. dated Gymnasterka ...
    P
    Many

Hello Usha,

Very nice one. This makes a very nice set with your Sharovary.

Is it possible to see the stamp? Most of the time they are faded.

Congrats

Bruno

?

Quote by bourguignotte View Post
    Is it possible to see the stamp? Most of the time they are faded.
    I was trying to take a good picture of it but failed to get a nice clear shot and it is hard to read the text.
    I will also add a picture that I took years ago when I got the Gym but unfortunately it is a small sized file.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mint 1940. dated Gymnasterka ...   Mint 1940. dated Gymnasterka ...  

Thanks Usha,
    Very nice stamping. This one is really brand new. I also went once across one with a similar big number too written in it. The type of marking that just desepear afetr the first wash
    Interesting additional stamp with the 40. It would be interesting to know if this is linked to the year or if this a a control stamp

All the best

Bruno

A huge jacket must say. Size 4 ( the biggest size ). Must fita a huge ( or fat ) guy.

Dom
    ?

This one is really beautiful , too bad we can not read the stamp with these photos

Hello

At least there were also size 5, so 4 isn't the biggest

Bruno

?

Here is a similar one dated 1942. It is the simplified version, made with a dark olive green salt and pepper type of cotton fabric. It looks like the same fabric as the one posted above. Although it is not dated 1940 the Gym appears to share many of the same characteristics. The stamp is faint and hard to read.

Last edited by NATJER; 04-19-2020 at 08:50 PM.

Hello Natjer

It is Strange that the boutons are visible. It shouldn't be the case on a M35.
    I am also surprised by the shape of the Pockets

Bruno

?

Roger. Espenlaub has a blue one with the same cut. From what I gather it has the cut of a M29/38 gym. The open buttons may be peculiar to police and border troops up to the beginning of the war. The black and white photo was dated 1940. Thank you for your comment.

M 38 RKM (Militia-Police) Gymnasterka.- Tunics & Gymnasterkas

Mint 1940. dated Gymnasterka ...Mint 1940. dated Gymnasterka ...
    Last edited by NATJER; 04-20-2020 at 03:09 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast